Are you a pusher or puller?

GetBent

Interesting.

I just started "pulling" a few weeks ago. My "V" is still on a smart trainer, so I can see my power out put. After about a week, I was able to generate the same amount of power pulling as pushing. "Pulling" just not feel natural for me. I am going to continue trying this until it feels more normal. The idea is that if I can push and pull, I should be able to increase my power output. Or for long rides, alternate pulling and pushing to give the different muscle groups a rest.

So we shall see....

GetBent

Just thought I should clarify. When I talk about "pushing" and "pulling", I am talking about legs only.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
The term 'real bike' was sarcasm.... Because all my riding friends with df's use these exact words when I turn up on my Cruz bike. "Why didn't you bring your real bike. ..... ".
My friends stopped asking. I guess they have a limit to hearing me answer "'Real bike' according to who? The UCI Clown Posse? The same guys who tell you what kind of bike you can ride? I switched to a 'bent because it doesn't hurt my back, it doesn't hurt my neck, it doesn't hurt my wrists and hands, and it doesn't hurt my butt. Also, I can easily double or triple my saddle time on my V20 at an even faster pace than my super expensive DF bike. Throw in feeling like a fresh daisy when I dismount... someone would have to pay me handsomely to voluntarily go through the pain a DF bike causes me. I'd rather be comfortable and fast than 'fit in'."

I'm just joking. I don't say that to my cycling friends.

I don't have any friends.

But when I get some I am gonna say it to 'em.

Last edited:

Bill Wightman

I and most MBB riders will agree with the comfort thing. I also really really like the other extreme of a great big and heavy hard-tail front air-shock trekking bike I bought from Priority Bikes. It is a 600X model with Pinion internal gears and bullet-proof belt drive. It is slow and will ride over literally anything, almost. I take it out in deep grass and on dirt trails and roads. I put some 2" slicks on it so it is a urban hybrid of sorts and it has a top-of-the-line articulating suspension seat post I added. Lots of fun going slow, not for pavement group rides. I like all kinds of bikes.