BRAG 2022

Paul Lacy

Does any one know about the second day’s no paved section?
  • Paved
    64.3 mi
    94%

• Unpaved
    4.4 mi
    6%
  • Could be a problem if it is coarse gravel.

Does any one know about the second day’s no paved section?
  • Paved
    64.3 mi
    94%

• Unpaved
    4.4 mi
    6%
  • Could be a problem if it is coarse gravel.
I think RideWitGPS’ algorithm misread Hollis Rd as unpaved. Street View on Google maps shows the road is paved and in good condition.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
So - has anyone studied the google earth of the route to make any assessments/predictions? It looks like there is elevation but never any sustained elevation or really steep climbs. As a guy used to 13 mile sustained 6% climbs and subsequent loooong steep downhills this can be good and bad haha. Only a few weeks left!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
1st day starts with a 19 mile "climb" from 200 feet to about 750 feet - wow - really steep! Can hardly call it a climb.
2nd day there is a 1.2 mile climb that goes from 425 to 700 feet. That is kind of steep but so short it will be more like a sprint, and fun because it comes after a nice downhill - so V20's can probably coast up half of it.
There are lots of little ups and downs - 1st 2 days of 65 miles of riding and each day is about 3k feet climbing. Most people call that pretty flat
Those are the 2 worst days of climbing
The rest of the days just get flatter and easier day by day.
Possibly 12k feet climbing for the whole week - Equals about one day of climbing on the Blue Ridge Tour
See you soon!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Larry,

Indeed - should be a super fun ride I think with only the first couple of days presenting any kind of challenges. Looking forward to it! Ill be on an S40 for the ability to mix it up socially along the way.

Has anyone seen the stats anywhere on the total number if riders? I saw somewhere the usual is 1,000 - 2,000 but thats a big spread.

Larry Forgy

It now appears unlikely that I will be able to get to Georgia for the BRAG. I was really looking forward to it, and I am pretty disappointed.

I am way past the date for refunds, but apparently I can transfer my registration. Is anyone in the market for an additional registration, including a place on the June 4 shuttle from Brunswick to Columbus?

Larry Forgy
larryforgy@gmail.com
202-258-5903

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I am way past the date for refunds, but apparently I can transfer my registration. Is anyone in the market for an additional registration, including a place on the June 4 shuttle from Brunswick to Columbus?

Larry Forgy
larryforgy@gmail.com
202-258-5903
Bummer Larry - I would suggest posting this for sale on the for sale thread - may get more action. You can also advertise that they will get a free Jersey too if you put you order in for it.

It now appears unlikely that I will be able to get to Georgia for the BRAG. I was really looking forward to it, and I am pretty disappointed.

Larry Forgy
larryforgy@gmail.com
202-258-5903
Post on the BRAG Facebook page for additional exposure.

Larry Forgy

Okay, how about a free ride? I got only one nibble about my BRAG registration. I would rather somebody got to use it than it just be thrown away. Any of you guys have a friend or spouse that would like to go with you on a moment's notice. I have the week long registration and a seat on the June 4 shuttle from Brunswick to Columbus.
Really bummed that I am not going.
Larry Forgy
larryforgy@gmail.com
202-258-5903

Tuloose

Guru
What a great summary! Made me wish I had been there.
Attending an event like BRAG certainly brought Cruzbikes to the attention of the masses of DF riders who make up the bulk of attendees at these multi day rides. I wonder how many orders HQ will receive based on this event?
Hopefully the Pacific Northwest will have another gathering of the tribe, perhaps at Cycle Oregon?
It's been too many years since our Portland gathering in 2016.