Brand New - Cruzbike S30 - $3,200 -sold

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
I don't have much to say in this ad other than this is a fully untouched, still in the bags it was wrapped in, S30 frameset. It's a 2016.

I searched forever for this unicorn, ended up finding this and a pristine V20 demo. Bought both, absolutely love the V20, and now have no use for the S30. This specific bike might arguably be the biggest, current, unicorn in the Cruzebike stables due to it being untouched.

Asking $3,400 considering it's rarity and what I paid for it. If you ever wanted to own an S30, this one is ready for you to build out.

20230729_105849.jpg

20230729_105814.jpg

20230729_105900.jpg

Last edited:

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I'll add to the pitch, as an S30 owner...

I've owned most of the Cruzbike lineup, from the V20 to the Q series. The Q was a good commuter, which I replaced with an S40--an even better commuter. But compared to the V20, which is where I started with CB, the S40 gave me horrible recumbutt and felt slower, which was only a personal issue because I had become addicted to the V20's speed. The S40 is still a fast bike, and not everyone suffers recumbutt on it. But, alas, I sold mine.

That left me with the V and an S30--almost as fast as the V20, and nearly as easy to ride as the S40 (and without the recumbutt). It's the Goldilocks bike of the three because of it's 30-degree (technically 33-degree) seat recline. It's fast as hell and a blast to ride, but with better group ride manners than the V, putting the rider's head up a little higher for conversation and a little bit of a draft. It doesn't quite have the utility of the S40, but it can be configured to be a great light tourer and commuter, which is what mine became after I sold the S40. It does a lot of things well, and would be a great choice for anyone who can't decide between the V20c and the S40.

I'm glad I have the space to keep both, for while the V is the one I would keep if I could only have one, selling the S30 would make me truly sad. Rumor has it that only 100 of these were made (I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard). And this could be the last new one out there: a unicorn of a unicorn. I think the somewhat premium asking price is justified.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Thanks, Chico! You're making me want to keep it! Sadly, although happily as well, I'm using those funds to upgrade both the V20 and my new triathlon bike. I have no doubt I'll regret selling this bike, I searched far and wide for it, but at the end of the day, the V20 fills my recumbent cup. You're right about the ride of the S30, it is absolutely superb for being comfortable and fast as hell!

Oh and I'm sure someone can confirm here, but I've been told both 75 and 100 as to the number produced. Either way, it makes this bike rare, even more so when you consider it's brand new.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
28mm is about the max you want to run on those frames. There are corner cases, but 28mm on at 19inner width rim was bigger back in those days.
But hey I know a guy, and he has a set of 60/40 matched Reynolds custom-made for that frameset that runs 28mm that might also be for sales ......

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
28mm is about the max you want to run on those frames. There are corner cases, but 28mm on at 19inner width rim was bigger back in those days.
But hey I know a guy, and he has a set of 60/40 matched Reynolds custom-made for that frameset that runs 28mm that might also be for sales ......
And he offers dealer financing and low-interest rates! :D

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
What size tires can you fit on the S30?
I'm running Schwalbe Pro One 30mm on my S30, and they fit with about 3mm clearance all around, front and back. I'm using a disc brake up front, and a caliper brake on the rear, and I did need to shave the lower edge of the caliper brake down just a hair, as the new tire was barely skimming it. It clears now by about 1mm.

Shorter answer: 28mm should fit fine; 30mm will probably fit; 32mm...not so much.

rfneep

I run 32mm Conti 5000s on my S30 with Reynolds AR 650b wheels. A sweet combo with a slightly lowered seat.

Ray

cruzKurt

Thats a unicorn for sure. 100 of those made - and that is it - and will be it for all time. I rode a 500 mile Cycle Oregon on the S30 #1 back in 2016.
Hey Robert, are the chainstay, boom and slider on the s30 compatible with the v20 components?

JerseyJim

Wow! This is some find. I've been looking for one of these forever and would pounce immediately but with PBP coming up my budget is tapped out. Talk about timing.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Hey Robert, are the chainstay, boom and slider on the s30 compatible with the v20 components?
The V20 and S30 front ends are the same. The S30, when new like this one, does come with the older style chainstay that clamps around the bb cups. The newer, more inboard-clamping V20 chainstay is a worthy switch and easy to do, as long as CB has them in stock.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Price lowered to $3,300 not including shipping. I'm so close to pulling this ad and keeping it, someone buy it from me!

Reactions: 3bs

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
just keep it. sell it then regret it. save yourself the trauma
Nah, it has to go. Too many outstanding projects and costs for me to keep it. If I had never ridden the V20 and started upgrading it, I'd probably be keeping it. I just can't justify having it right now, as sad as that is to me.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That is a tough decision. If I wasn't on this Streamliner kick now I'd splurge and buy it so I'd be able to ride it when I head back to Texas for vacation. It would be a no brainer and even better if I could easily turn it into the Streamliner I have in mind.