Brand New - Cruzbike S30 - $3,200 -sold

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
That is a tough decision. If I wasn't on this Streamliner kick now I'd splurge and buy it so I'd be able to ride it when I head back to Texas for vacation. It would be a no brainer and even better if I could easily turn it into the Streamliner I have in mind.
Sounds like I have a sale! :D

cruzKurt

That is a tough decision. If I wasn't on this Streamliner kick now I'd splurge and buy it so I'd be able to ride it when I head back to Texas for vacation. It would be a no brainer and even better if I could easily turn it into the Streamliner I have in mind.
Wow, I am also super intrigued by building/getting a streamliner... But oh so many projects.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Wow, I am also super intrigued by building/getting a streamliner... But oh so many projects.
Streamliners are amazing. I was really wanting the plugs for Coyote but I guess it is not to be.

As for a CB Streamliner I never write stuff down, but I have sat for hours looking at my V20 trying to figure out how I could make it into a Streamliner. What each modification solves, and what problem it creates, what mods can I actually do in my limited space, what I need to outsource... so much that I forgot what I forgot. 1 thing I do believe is that the seat angle should probably be around 30 degrees like the S30. I really like Beano and Snoopy, but I want something that is a bit more straight-line friendly for ultra endurance races as opposed to the tighter turning radius of circuit racers.

Wouldn't it be great if CB made a kit to turn either V20s, S30s or S40s into streamliners?

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
This poor Ad.... Bikes still for sale people.....
I'm ok with the discussion, I think it gives people ideas on what they can do with this bike. Someone but it and streamline it! Or just buy it and build it into a tourer. Either way, buy it!

And with that said, I'm dropping it to $3,200 as we move into the weekend. Hopefully this will get someone more interested.

Last edited:

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
This poor Ad.... Bikes still for sale people.....
That's why I put the S30 seat angle bit in there. Try to steer the conversation back to the S30. It is a lovely bike that even sent the link to my friend in Hawaii who is moving to Japan in the next year or so, and even told him that I'd not only store it for him here, but that I'd help him build it up, and find parts for it on the cheap which would be pretty easy to do since the used market here is full of new/old stock and 2nd hand parts that are virtually new.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
Questions from someone interested in the bike:
Bob, feel free to correct me and help answer.

QR or Thru-Axle? Quick Release
Disc brakes or Caliper? Rim Brakes
Will it accept the ViscoSet headset like an S40? No idea.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
QR

RIM Or Disc (side mount)

ViscoSet is new to me. (Appears stock now on some of the CB Lineup) Read the article, and It appears that the headset works pretty much on any bike with cups and bearing races. Pretty cool; it kind of makes me want to test it on the older bikes. Jim and I could probably race a circular track no-handed with those installed probably why it's been added to the lineup. He'd still beat me, but I'd claim it's his wide wing span when he puts his hands behind his head.

Last edited:

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
QR

RIM Or Disc (side mount)

ViscoSet is new to me. (Appears stock now on some of the CB Lineup) Read the article, and It appears that the headset works pretty much on any bike with cups and bearing races. Pretty cool; it kind of makes me want to test it on the older bikes. Jim and I could probably race a circular track no-handed with those installed probably why it's been added to the lineup. He'd still beat me, but I'd claim it's his wide wing span when he puts his hands behind his head.
I had never even heard of that. I wonder how much it actually helps. That's always one of the issues some people have when learning to ride a Cruzbike. Seems like a solution to that problem or at least enough mitigation to allow for lowering the learning curve.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Streamliners are amazing. I was really wanting the plugs for Coyote but I guess it is not to be.

As for a CB Streamliner I never write stuff down, but I have sat for hours looking at my V20 trying to figure out how I could make it into a Streamliner. What each modification solves, and what problem it creates, what mods can I actually do in my limited space, what I need to outsource... so much that I forgot what I forgot. 1 thing I do believe is that the seat angle should probably be around 30 degrees like the S30. I really like Beano and Snoopy, but I want something that is a bit more straight-line friendly for ultra endurance races as opposed to the tighter turning radius of circuit racers.

Wouldn't it be great if CB made a kit to turn either V20s, S30s or S40s into streamliners?
I have often dreamd of this too - the biggest hurdle to overcome is with FWD-MBB.
Since you have to allow not only the front wheel to pivot inside the shell (as with RWD), you also have to allow for the entire front pivot.
This would make the front fusealge too large to be impractical.

I have tried to solve this problem by having a 2-part fuselage that could acutaully pivot iself - but that also become probelmatic as which ever way you turn, you then have part of the front shell swinging into the back piece. After that my brain hurts too much!

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Questions from someone interested in the bike:
Bob, feel free to correct me and help answer.

QR or Thru-Axle? Quick Release
Disc brakes or Caliper? Rim Brakes
Will it accept the ViscoSet headset like an S40? No idea.
This frame will not work with a Viscoset because the bearing cups are incorporated into the head tube, like the older V20's. The Viscoset uses press-fit bearing cups.

Man, I'm kinda surprised this frameset is still on the market.

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
This frame will not work with a Viscoset because the bearing cups are incorporated into the head tube, like the older V20's. The Viscoset uses press-fit bearing cups.

Man, I'm kinda surprised this frameset is still on the market.
Maybe I've misjudged people's love for the S30. Nah, that can't be it. :D