Car rack solution

gasev

Hi every one, I am looking into the perfect way to bring my v20 with me. I have a temporary bike rack that I can put on my trunk but I chipped the paint of my vendetta last year while there was a second bike. It is also hard to stabilized the front wheel. Do you have any recommandation for a set up that could work well. For the moment I don't have any roof bar nor a trailer hitch, so I will need to add one depending of the solution.I also don't know it I should go with a rack that fit the wheel or the frame or the one that you take the wheel of to mount directly.
Thanks for your help!!!

Hi every one, I am looking into the perfect way to bring my v20 with me. I have a temporary bike rack that I can put on my trunk but I chipped the paint of my vendetta last year while there was a second bike. It is also hard to stabilized the front wheel. Do you have any recommandation for a set up that could work well. For the moment I don't have any roof bar nor a trailer hitch, so I will need to add one depending of the solution.I also don't know it I should go with a rack that fit the wheel or the frame or the one that you take the wheel of to mount directly.
Thanks for your help!!!
I used a strap-on rack for awhile. A little heavy, but worked well. The support bar grabbed the slider, keeping the front wheel stable.

When I traded in my Chevy Blazer (recumbent fit in the back with seats folded forward) for a small car (Nissan Juke), I took it to U-haul and had them install a 1 1/4 inch hitch. There may be other options for larger size hitch. Check with dealer, U-haul, etc. I already had a Swagman bike rack to fit the 1 1/4 hitch, so my choice was easy. But there are lots of choices for hitch bike racks.