Chicago Bike shop for Vendetta v20c and kickstand

Rfon

I live in Chicago, does anyone know of a bike shop that can help with vendetta v20c setup? Can anyone recommend a kickstand?

Thank you

RedWagon

Cosmic Bikes just did my S40 setup. That shop does recumbent work and the owner seems genuinely interested in Cruzbikes; there's at least one other customer who gets an S40 worked on there and the owner already knows how to ride from recumbent meetups.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I can help with that, but the build might take a year whilst I test it out.

Enjoy that bike... pretty sure it will take your breath away.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I live in Chicago, does anyone know of a bike shop that can help with vendetta v20c setup? Can anyone recommend a kickstand?

Thank you
I always put my left pedal up and lean my V20 against a wall, park bench, gate or something similar on that side. To protect the handle on the left side while it is leaning I either put a glove or my beanie over the left handle. With the left pedal and handle touching at the same time I have never had my V20 fall over. If the wind is coming from the left side then I will give it a bit extra lean to that side.Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 18.05.59.png

I also use the pedal/handlebar to lean against wall technique. But, sometimes I need to lean the bike against something that is lower than the handlebars. So, I bought a roll of velcro 12 ft x 3/4 in for under $10 at a home improvement store. I cut a length that wraps around the frame almost two times. When riding, it is secured wrapped around the frame between seat and handlebars. When I need to lean the bike against something lower than handlebars, I wrap the velcro around the frame and front wheel. That keeps the front wheel from turning and spinning. I wonder if this velcro method would work good with the suggested kickstand. Since there is more weight in the front, do you use the kickstand with the front wheel?

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Love that super clean cockpit! What's the bag behind the headrest?
Thanks Jim. It is a Rough&Road 9028 SS seat bag for motorcycles connected to the head rest bars with hose clamps. It is expandable from 14L to 16L. There are some carbon fiber options, but I just went with "bolt on" for now.

JerseyJim

Thanks Jim. It is a Rough&Road 9028 SS seat bag for motorcycles connected to the head rest bars with hose clamps. It is expandable from 14L to 16L. There are some carbon fiber options, but I just went with "bolt on" for now.
That's a great idea! The lines match the frame angles nicely. I've also got bar end brake levers on the list for my build. I sill have to work out the cable routing, but that's part of the fun, isn't it? :p

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That's a great idea! The lines match the frame angles nicely. I've also got bar end brake levers on the list for my build. I sill have to work out the cable routing, but that's part of the fun, isn't it? :p
Yeah it is fun. I went with 105 first, but upgraded to SRAM AXS Force 12-speed. Initially I had the brifters on it, which are still amazing, but now I have the wireless blips, and they are even better. No more shifter wires for me to worry about.

Rfon

I always put my left pedal up and lean my V20 against a wall, park bench, gate or something similar on that side. To protect the handle on the left side while it is leaning I either put a glove or my beanie over the left handle. With the left pedal and handle touching at the same time I have never had my V20 fall over. If the wind is coming from the left side then I will give it a bit extra lean to that side.View attachment 16197
What type of handlebars are those?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler

Carbon Fiber Bicycle Kickstand | rockbros-usa-llc

www.rockbrosusa.com
www.rockbrosusa.com
I am not sure this kickstand works with thru-hub axles - I bought one and the hole is not large enough for the thru axle bolt.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
It is a 420mm Deda Tribar (214g). I also have Campagnolo Super Record TT Brake levers (170g), and SRAM Force AXS Wireless Blips (14g total). While I don't really think they are any more aero than a drop bar setup with brifters they are incredibly light.

Blue because I was sort of matching my CA2 color when getting the newer one. The orange one I had fell off the CA2 when I mishandled the bottle and it got run over by a car - freak thing. It still worked after, but the top was destroyed. So I just got a new blue one. I need to order a red one next as the little rubber mouth piece is getting worn out.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I bought a pair, tropical orange and green, stuck them on my headrest, and went out for a ride. When I got to the turnaround point I reached back to grab a sip and got nothing but air. Didn't see them on the way back but weeks later after the grounds crew cut the grass I found them. Both of them ejected when I passed through the only intersection on the path, and both of them got squashed, then blown off the path. 1 of them still had a bit of liquid in it, but also had mold from laying out for so long. I switched to a hydration bladder soon after that.

Anyway, the velcro strap is a great idea. I tend to lean my handle against a wall or gate, but always put a glove or my beanie over the handle so it doesn't get scratched.