Cruzbike KOM/QOM challenge 10-31-17 thru 10-10-18

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Please remember to send your KOM list on to "webmaster@ultracycling.com" - so the results can be tallied.
Any KOM's you have captured (that or over 1.0 miles) from Oct 31, 2017 thru Oct 6, 2018 count.
If any have been flagged just because you are a recumbent those will count too, but you need to provide us the link to your ride and also the name of the KOM
If you don't send a list and want us to count what Strava has listed under "your name", please send your Strava "name" instead and whatever is in your list will be counted.

Barefoot Biker

Congratulations @LarryOz , winner of the KOM challenge!!

I fought hard at the start and had a pretty good gap. @CruzLike started chasing and looked like he was on track to overtake, but Larry blew by both of us. My only consolation is that B Girl took the QOM prize, from what I understand primarily as a result of her domestique.

On my way to the retreat this year I took just one more KOM, but of all that I got along the way, it's my favorite. I almost didn't try it when I saw it was slightly up hill at the start and again kicked up at the finish (hey, even 8 feet up is taller than me!), but it was down hill before the start so I took advantage of that. It just meant it wasn't going to be as easy as it looked on paper.

If Phil Gaimon does return to Florida to "pee on his own tree" and take back this KOM, I say we reassemble our growing peloton, take out all the stops and make a stand for what is rightfully ours - who's with me!?!!!

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.44.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 12.45.40 PM.png

LarryOz

I fought hard at the start and had a pretty good gap. @CruzLike started chasing and looked like he was on track to overtake, but Larry blew by both of us. My only consolation is that B Girl took the QOM prize, from what I understand primarily as a result of her domestique.

On my way to the retreat this year I took just one more KOM, but of all that I got along the way, it's my favorite. I almost didn't try it when I saw it was slightly up hill at the start and again kicked up at the finish (hey, even 8 feet up is taller than me!), but it was down hill before the start so I took advantage of that. It just meant it wasn't going to be as easy as it looked on paper.

If Phil Gaimon does return to Florida to "pee on his own tree" and take back this KOM, I say we reassemble our growing peloton, take out all the stops and make a stand for what is rightfully ours - who's with me!?!!!
Another great KOM Kyle - always willing to ride with you - as long as I can get there that is! Hopefully we can re-assemble the "team" for another "100-mile" TT at Sebring in 2019! Yeah - I know the only way to beat you at the line is to not be there (i.e. Loose you with 10 miles left - which is probably not possible) haha

LarryOz

Kyle, you shouldn’t have taken so many local KOMs before the competition started! Congrats Larry!
Thanks Jesse : I had many local one here too, those were the hardest ones to "break" - but no rules against breaking your own KOM, as long as you set it during the time window.
Maybe we should have a redo: Contest to see how many of our own KOM's we can break. haha - or NOT! :rolleyes:
If you can believe it, I have been progressively sick since I returned from the retreat. Now I cannot even breathe well enough to ride a recover ride on the trainer. :(

jond

Zen MBB Master
My own street about 1500 m with fewer than ten riders was up over 50 klm avg speed. Kom

But eventually I got it.

I shooh away any cyclists now in my street.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Only in South Australian population numbers and iq

No my street is dead flat and bookended by 90 deg turns so kom includes accelerating and deceleration

You should join strava and cruzbike club. It’s fun not about hairy chests if you want it to be so. It’s nice to see others riding regularly.............
No its a 0.7% INCREASE each year, as lots of contractors here for all the new Wind Farms!!!

That is impressive to hit 50 kph on the flat!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
I will need to rebore and new rings for the Silvio S30 engine first, as it is blowing heaps of smoke!

Yeh I’ve seen it remember lol. horrible horrible lumpy exhaust note too.

Still you’re on your way now to nsw excellent exciting performance .

How’s the trip planning coming along in all seriousness.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Easy on a vendetta. Lol

I may have a low W/kg, but I regularly hit that (50kph/31mph) on my S30 on my commute most days!

Of course, I wouldn't call it "easy", but it is getting easier. I'll bet the V would be even easier!
Of course, it takes me *forever* to actually get to that speed!!