Drop bars on a Q45

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
Is there any reason drop bars from an S40 or V20 couldn't be used on the new Q45? I want to transfer SRAM AXS road components to a Q45 and I'm so happy with the bars I currently have on the S40 and V20 bikes. I have two very nice places to put my hands, on the bar ends and on the brake hoods. I go back and forth.
@robertHoller

Last edited:

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
While I'm at it, does anyone know the specs for the 2024 Q45 bottom bracket? I need to add one with new cranks. I will have a 1X12, 52X10 back and 40T front. SRAM AXS Rival drive train, hydraulic brakes and brifters. @robertHoller

Flying Dutchman

While I'm at it, does anyone know the specs for the 2024 Q45 bottom bracket? I need to add one with new cranks. I will have a 1X12, 52X10 back and 40T front. SRAM AXS Rival drive train, hydraulic brakes and brifters. @robertHoller
As far as I know it comes with square taper BB, however if you take that out you can replace it with English thread BB (BSA) - for SRAM that is the GXP or DUB depending on the crankset. Both are available as BSA. The Rival 1 crankset is GXP I believe.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
As far as I know it comes with square taper BB, however if you take that out you can replace it with English thread BB (BSA) - for SRAM that is the GXP or DUB depending on the crankset. Both are available as BSA. The Rival 1 crankset is GXP I believe.
Thanks!
I'm buying a used 2024 Q45 frameset so I don't think it will have the BB (don't have it yet). Good to know I can use a DUB or GXP. Not sure which crank I'll purchase yet.