Emmitt Smith Grand Fondo Century on 9/17/2016 - Results

Cruzbike Chris

Thanks Doug. This is gonna be so friggin cool! Can't wait to pick the champ up and be a part of this. Still plenty of room for others if they want to join Larry....

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Thanks again everyone. I'm here now at Chris's place. Unpacked bike last night and reassembled. It is 95% done. Gonna finish it up this morning and then scout out the course this afternoon. May ride that last 25 miles or so if time and weather permit.

LarryOz

Thanks again everyone. Pretty excited about the race tomorrow. We drove the whole route today. Lots and lots of turns and crossroads! I am told that there is a group that rode the "Hotter than hell 100" in 3:26, and most of them will be here in this race, so it will be blazing fast!

Sitting her with Chris and Donna at their house the night before the race. I will start a Glympse session when I start and will send it to Chris. He will then post it to the forum if anybody wants to follow me.
It starts at 7am Central time.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thanks again everyone. Pretty excited about the race tomorrow. We drove the whole route today. Lots and lots of turns and crossroads! I am told that there is a group that rode the "Hotter than hell 100" in 3:26, and most of them will be here in this race, so it will be blazing fast!

Sitting her with Chris and Donna at their house the night before the race. I will start a Glympse session when I start and will send it to Chris. He will then post it to the forum if anybody wants to follow me.
It starts at 7am Central time.

3:26? that's faster then I could manage with a draft

LarryOz

Yup, a large group of upright riders did this. If you can ride 25 mph on your own, Then 29- 30 with a good draft is about the same effort. I don't think they will be able to go that fast on this course because there are so many turns. A lot of the up hills are after turns too, which doesn't help much. It will no doubt be fast. Wish you were here Jason to ride with me!

LarryOz

I've been up since 4am. I think Chris is more excited than I am - He's been up since 3:30! He's taking such wonderful care of my needs: coffee, check list, foot massage, whatever I need!! haha!

We are on the road now, about a hour drive to the start.

Also: there is am Emmitt Smith Gran Fondo app you can search for and install that also has live tracking, but I'll still start a Glympse session, so look for it as a post from Chris.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I've got the Glympse open and it's tracking but I'm wondering if there's a way for it to show total miles covered to far?

Also it's kind of useless with out a live track of at least a few of the other leaders so you have an idea of what happening.

Cruzbike Chris

I've got the Glympse open and it's tracking but I'm wondering if there's a way for it to show total miles covered to far?

Also it's kind of useless with out a live track of at least a few of the other leaders so you have an idea of what happening.
Unfortunately not Jason but I can tell you at his next right turn onto 455 is the 38 mile point. I will keep updating the miles every major point.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Safe to assume he's still with the leaders? You have anyway to know is there's a breakaway going or anything on your end?

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Very cool to see the live track. Thanks for that!
I'm with Jason, I thought the Gran Fondo app would provide tracking for the leaders...but it will only track one rider and you need to know his number.
Ah well, I'm just glad he got there and is riding!
What was his start time? With that, we can calculate his splits.

Cruzbike Chris

No way to tell but I know there is a bunch of speedsters I would bet he is with the, in the breakaway by the speeds and location.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
7am...he's 2:08 and coming up on the 45mile marker. Prob. not gonna do a sub 4hr on this century. The profile looks pretty lumpy. :confused: Gonna be way different than the NC coastal stuff.

Cruzbike Chris

Start time of 0714 central. According to the announcers there is a 2 minute breakaway of 3 riders and 20 in the pelaton chasing hard. Larrys next left turn on Gribble Springs will be at the 51 mile marker. Go Larry go!