Helmets

CuHead

Being new to recumbent riding I've found that due to the position I catch more insects with my mouth.

No matter how much bug spray is fogged by helicopter or other means here around the tidal Potomac, some bugs survive and get in my clothing, mouth, eyes, etc. I try to keep the tip of my tongue against the top of my mouth close to the teeth when I ride; the occasional bug at least won't get inhaled and make me cough or choke. Evening is the worst for bugs, and crossing a river is a twilight zone experience if there is no bug control.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
No matter how much bug spray is fogged by helicopter or other means here around the tidal Potomac, some bugs survive and get in my clothing, mouth, eyes, etc. I try to keep the tip of my tongue against the top of my mouth close to the teeth when I ride; the occasional bug at least won't get inhaled and make me cough or choke. Evening is the worst for bugs, and crossing a river is a twilight zone experience if there is no bug control.
I remember trying those nostril openers and thought it would be a good try on a recumbent... not. Good way of swallowing insects very quickly. Full face faring is the only way. Something like a welders eye protector would be good