Help me choose

3bs

whereabouts unknown
You will have good fun. Yes. Much can be done with the v20. And you will learn as you ride and ride as you learn.

simonc

Just an update on my V20 build and progress. USPS have failed to deliver my shiny new BB from Chris King at RWC - last I heard they got it to Auckland and after a couple of weeks sent it off to Switzerland! (where it remains). So got tired of waiting (now almost 2 months) with my partly assembled V20 and went and bought a Shimano cheapy BB. Finally got everything completed by June 20th and have been riding for just over a week now.

The first couple of very short rides were very wobbly but I am now progressing well. I am following the Cruzbike learn to ride advice and are going through the suggested exercises. Still tentative starting and making figure of eight's but it is getting easier. I love the bike and can report no issues with my chronic back problems - yay!!
Have only done around 50km so far and will soon venture out on more public terrain. One thing I wasn't really expecting is the number of people who want to stop and talk to you about the bike. When I eventually join my old (DF) cycling buddies I think it is going to attract a lot of attention. Will try and post a picture of the bike at some stage.

Giloun

Yes, you have to get used to comments like "Wow!", "Wow Wow Wow!", "Hey look!", "What?".... That's recumbent life.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Congrats on getting it up and running. And don’t be too hard on those “cheaply” Shimano BBs. They’ll go 50,000 miles without so much as a peep. Not as pretty as CK but soon you’ll be going too fast for anyone to notice!