How in tune are you with your body

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
It's one thing to be consistent on a flat steady route but this is something else.

How is this for consistency? Last week I did this route for the first time and repeated it today, but I just rode how I felt. I don't try and hold any kind of pace or look to reach certain point at set times, I just listen to my body. The goal today was testing a new camera mount location under the BB. Today I felt a bit slower, I just seemed more tired and it was like my stamina wasn't there from the start. So imagine my surprise when I uploaded my ride and found most of my stats within 1% of the previous week.

As someone who preaches against structured training and emphasizes the importance of listening to your body is this proof of that developed ability? I doubt I can naturally repeat such a feat for a 3rd week, part of me thinks this was pure coincidence.

Untitled.png

It's one thing to be consistent on a flat steady route but this is something else.

How is this for consistency? Last week I did this route for the first time and repeated it today, but I just rode how I felt. I don't try and hold any kind of pace or look to reach certain point at set times, I just listen to my body. The goal today was testing a new camera mount location under the BB. Today I felt a bit slower, I just seemed more tired and it was like my stamina wasn't there from the start. So imagine my surprise when I uploaded my ride and found most of my stats within 1% of the previous week.

As someone who preaches against structured training and emphasizes the importance of listening to your body is this proof of that developed ability? I doubt I can naturally repeat such a feat for a 3rd week, part of me thinks this was pure coincidence.

View attachment 9436
That video (Mount Baldy Twisties Descent" made me very anxious. So many cars on the sides. How fast were you going?