RojoRacing Video edits

ccf

Guru
There’s also the fact that on the DF I can still hold slightly more corner speed and trail brake deeper so overall my braking point on the DF is slightly later in most cases.

Googling "trail braking" yields a lot of info about motorcycles and cars, but not much about bicycles. Anyone have a good link to read? @RojoRacing do you use both brakes when trail braking on your V20?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Now this video isn't of me or even mine but I came across it and was intrigued because the speed and lean angle look insane. Curiously enough this is on one of the roads I did several years ago on the V20 during a double century and I'm like 13 seconds slower but I only ever rode that road that one time so I'd never seen it before. After watching this video I'm actually a little scared because if that is how leaned over we get at those speeds then I need to find a tire sponsor and keep my rubber much fresher. I've never found someone fast enough to film me(never asked a guy in a car) so I hope some of the lean in this video is from a little of the extra wide-angle camera lens.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Now this video isn't of me or even mine but I came across it and was intrigued because the speed and lean angle look insane. Curiously enough this is on one of the roads I did several years ago on the V20 during a double century and I'm like 13 seconds slower but I only ever rode that road that one time so I'd never seen it before. After watching this video I'm actually a little scared because if that is how leaned over we get at those speeds then I need to find a tire sponsor and keep my rubber much fresher. I've never found someone fast enough to film me(never asked a guy in a car) so I hope some of the lean in this video is from a little of the extra wide-angle camera lens.

That was some serious downhilling, being on the bay around bumpy corners, when PRO cyclist would be back on the seat!
I think he knows this descent VERY well!!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I love how he shows off with a little wheelie near the beginning, rides wearing a T-shirt, and especially when he bunny hops the centreline at around 4:40 at 62 km/h! Obviously having fun.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Serious skills. But that much lean while straying across the white shoulder line and into the sand is just plain nuts. Call me a wimp . . . No really. Call me a wimp. I had a hard enough time watching the vid let alone riding that line! But the little wheelie at 30+ mph was pretty sweet!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Emmm totally nuts. Good job that mountain is no where near me... makes me totally nervous just watching that ride. More interesting is the speed and effort it takes to get up the mountain.
:eek:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
So close to the edge of the road. And leaning over so far he could have touched the road with his hand. I have gone at 45mph downhill in a T-shirt, but only in a straight line.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master

Scary to watch ! Wow! I could hardly reach the end of the video.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Yeh nup that’s for disc brakes and civilised cornering with a cup of tea. Seriously in another two leagues above what I thought was possible........eeek

... so I hope some of the lean in this video is from a little of the extra wide-angle camera lens.

Well, THAT looked like FUN!!!!
I think you're right about the lens exaggerating the lean. I'm assuming the road is in California where (I don't know about anywhere else) a corner signed at 20mph can generally be taken at 25 in a car and about 10 mph faster than that on a bike. That puts him up at the top of the range - not completely insane, just mostly. He does come pretty close to the limit, though. That hop across the centerline looked to me like he was forced to because he came into the corner too hot. I'd be willing to bet that you could match/beat his time with a few more runs. Also, watching your videos, I'm pretty sure you're leaning just as far (I'm looking at the angle of the chainring to the road on your videos). I like going downhill fast (my old legs and S40 can't match you, but anytime I can top out my gear range is a good day) and the upright guys I ride with have commented to me about how far over I lean and how the bike seems to stick to the road in corners - even though it doesn't seem to me like I'm leaning excessively.

ccf

Guru
Interesting how much your front wheel moves when mashing. The two passes on the shoulder definitely got me squirming in my chair.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Interesting how much your front wheel moves when mashing. The two passes on the shoulder definitely got me squirming in my chair.

They don’t look like much in the video but those are 500-1000w efforts. The grade at the start is like 14% or something after 80 mins of climbing.

CruzLike

Guru
Interesting vid Rojo.
nice scenery.
You went downhill over twice the distance from the highest to the lowest points in Indiana. (about 937')

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
ccf said:
squirming in my chair
Me too, although I do that sort of thing myself sometimes. There were no bits flying up from the road. Maybe they went by too fast for the camera to pick them up.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Me too, although I do that sort of thing myself sometimes. There were no bits flying up from the road. Maybe they went by too fast for the camera to pick them up.

The camera has a lens that is replaceable for like $10, I wouldn't risk a non-replaceable camera lens in that spot.