HPV World Championship in Austria

Alain

This year's recumbent world championship will take place in Austria from 11th to 14th of August 2023.
On Friday, a 5 km uphill race will take place, with gradients mostly around 8-10%.
Saturday is sprint day, 200 m with flying start, 1000 m with standing start and 4000 m (okay, that's not a sprint anymore).
The finale on Sunday will be a 100 km race in a flat 5 km course with three sharp corners.
Registration is possible at registration(at)hpvwm2023.org.
Weitere Infos bald auf der Homepage
Hpvwm2023.org
Further Information will be published on https://www.hpvwm2023.org/ (site still under construction).
I hope I'll meet some of you on your Cruzbike there.

Alain

And for all that will start at Paris-Brest-Paris: the championship ist the weekend before, so the perfect opportunity to combine a start at both events.

Andreas

Since it's only 50k from my home, I went there yesterday and today to watch. Right now I'm sitting in the stadium waiting for the award ceremony. I think Vendetta and ICE VTX will be at the top of the podium in their categories.
The 100k race was also won by the V20 today:

PXL_20230813_084705385.jpg

PXL_20230813_085413779.jpg
I have hundreds of photos, but the professional ones can be found later on the official sites.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Congrats to all those taking part. Must have been stinking hot.

DavidCH

Since it's only 50k from my home, I went there yesterday and today to watch. Right now I'm sitting in the stadium waiting for the award ceremony. I think Vendetta and ICE VTX will be at the top of the podium in their categories.
The 100k race was also won by the V20 today:

View attachment 15581

View attachment 15582
I have hundreds of photos, but the professional ones can be found later on the official sites.
Emmm time to get those oversocks I think! So is it a v20c... it looks like the old model?

DavidCH

It would be great to have an opportunity to become a member of this championship
Anyone can enter but you need a doctors certificate to say that you are up for it. That hill climb looks almost impossible. How on earth do you train for something like that?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Anyone can enter but you need a doctors certificate to say that you are up for it. That hill climb looks almost impossible. How on earth do you train for something like that?
Ride Mount Tourmalet on Zwift if you can't in person