I'll just hop that curb!

As I was riding the last day of the Shoreline West Tour I thought about the ODRAM riders. Maybe next year I’ll attempt to do it. I saw this pic on Facebook.
1692127554975.jpeg

Velocivixen

Remember that “wheels” include the potential for high performance, as well as light hubs, rims, spokes, nipples, rim strips, tubes & tires. A wheel is as good as its weakest component. There’s a lot that can go right & a lot that can go wrong with wheels.

Bill Wightman

When it is wet, then no difference for the disk brake, but the rim could have a 50% to 100% reduction in braking effect.
My rim brakes are just sufficient in dry weather. When it is wet I do not ride or have to slow way down. I hate riding in water if for the bike clean-up alone. Partly it is the way the water hits your face that is so distracting.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
My rim brakes are just sufficient in dry weather. When it is wet I do not ride or have to slow way down. I hate riding in water if for the bike clean-up alone. Partly it is the way the water hits your face that is so distracting.
+1. Same here! Agreed 100%, especially if another rider is in front, the water sprays straight to the face. :mad:

Last edited: