Impressions After 200 miles on a Vendetta

RBW1938

Finished my 4th road ride on my Vendetta and wanted to share my impressions and comparisons.
I have been riding recumbents since 1990 and Bacchetta's the last 15. I have been on a CA3 for the last year and a half.
I expected the Vendetta's ride to be harsher than the CA3 since it is an Aluminum frame and the CA3 is carbon.
Not so, the Vendetta's ride is noticeably smoother than the CA3,
I thought the Vendetta would be more difficult to maneuver at low speed and turns. Again surprised as once I became used to the V's characteristics the handling is better than the B.
Biggest difference is sprinting and climbing as the use of the upper body on the V puts more power down and is much more efficient.
So, at this point, I am very happy having taken the leap and purchasing a Vendetta. Still a lot to learn, especially starts with anything but level and dry ground but I get better with every ride.
(by the way, my CA3 is for sale)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Before I learnt to get away from a standing start, I could not get away from a standing start. Now I can, no trouble. You will get it.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Ultimately I reckon comfort has more to do with tyre pressure and sidewall suppleness than actual frame materials . Of course frame design is most important and here the vendetta is brilliantly not a stick.

Making the vendetta in carbon fibre would not result in much improved ride from an already high point.

some vendetta frames must have a lot of miles on them by now.

the reason I’d rate the curved stick pelso brevet slightly more comfortable than vendetta is down to 32mm tyres at 50 psi compared to 25-28 mm tyres at 80 psi

im sure hopeful one day the crown fork of the vendetta will accept wider tyres than 28 mm like the s40 and brevet.

because comfort = speed ;)

and we all don’t ride on smooth boards.

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I feel the front triangle of the V20 has much more flex and give then cruzbike or many owners like to imply. When I'm doing 50-60 mph and I hit a big dip I can feel the bike's frame give to absorb the shock, that give is also the reason on the rebound I get launched into the air as well.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I feel the front triangle of the V20 has much more flex and give then cruzbike or many owners like to imply. When I'm doing 50-60 mph and I hit a big dip I can feel the bike's frame give to absorb the shock, that give is also the reason on the rebound I get launched into the air as well.

maybe with built in vertical compliance but lateral nothing.

or maybe you should slow down to re-entry speed Jason ;)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I am not sure. I don’t own an s40 yet......Otherwise front ends are the same. If i buy another cruz it’s hard to go past a new v again lol.
A S40 with 700*38 tyres at 45 psi, for those Potholed rough coal dust covered roads around you small village, would be a MUCH better option!!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
A S40 with 700*38 tyres at 45 psi, for those Potholed rough coal dust covered roads around you small village, would be a MUCH better option!!!!

slim you are incorrigible.

You will need to rebait that south Australian hook with fresh roadkill crow.

Today for lunch my wife is eating blue swimmer crabs .I caught them this morning a 100 m kayak paddle away from my front door.

6000 people on my peninsula is I suppose a small population but the koalas are being protected.

but it’s still more than the aspirational population of South Australia.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
slim you are incorrigible.

You will need to rebait that south Australian hook with fresh roadkill crow.

Today for lunch my wife is eating blue swimmer crabs .I caught them this morning a 100 m kayak paddle away from my front door.

6000 people on my peninsula is I suppose a small population but the koalas are being protected.

but it’s still more than the aspirational population of South Australia.
Is there a Fish and Chip shop that close to you????
Is that 6,000 humans OR Humans and Koalas???

jond

Zen MBB Master
Is there a Fish and Chip shop that close to you????
Is that 6,000 humans OR Humans and Koalas???

five koalas. 6000 people.

you’ve eaten too much fritz and fritters. Learn to read with some attention and glean information imparted before a rhetorical south Aussie blart.

meanwhile in paradise it’s flathead I caught last night for dinner tonight.

oh and more blue swimmer crabs.

Yes a fish n chip shop exists 700 m away but I have never bothered as fishing is so easy for me in paradise.

how hades hot is Adelaide today mate. Unbearable.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
five koalas. 6000 people.

you’ve eaten too much fritz and fritters. Learn to read with some attention and glean information imparted before a rhetorical south Aussie blart.

meanwhile in paradise it’s flathead I caught last night for dinner tonight.

oh and more blue swimmer crabs.

Yes a fish n chip shop exists 700 m away but I have never bothered as fishing is so easy for me in paradise.

how hades hot is Adelaide today mate. Unbearable.
39 C (102f) is hot even for a super fit SLIM me!!!

You talk about the crabs and flatheads, but are there any photos of them, with you in the photo, to prove it????
Remember, that a WISE Man has said that if there is NO photo, then it did not happen!!!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
39 C (102f) is hot even for a super fit SLIM me!!!

You talk about the crabs and flatheads, but are there any photos of them, with you in the photo, to prove it????
Remember, that a WISE Man has said that if there is NO photo, then it did not happen!!!!!

wisdom and trust. For your vicarious super slim pleasure then. Enjoy .72AE7460-3657-4CD0-9165-E77BD4082A76.jpeg15DE4E8C-8C8B-413F-A7F4-6D49992172CE.jpegB59FA8D7-A3A2-44FE-9F8C-6DED6AD8E5CA.jpegC39019F5-37C4-48BF-B5DB-44ADEBB9B368.jpegF3F991C4-EC76-44FA-92E0-9E7EDB391C6C.jpeg

flathead don’t normally eat them this big....blue swimmer crabs very tasty. Succulent koala not as stringy or gamey as kangaroo . Black swans in front of my house beats duck any day. And finally me on a bike unfortunately not the vendetta kind but I can show you those too if you’re nice.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
wisdom and trust. For your vicarious super slim pleasure then. Enjoy .View attachment 8524View attachment 8525View attachment 8526View attachment 8527View attachment 8528

flathead don’t normally eat them this big....blue swimmer crabs very tasty. Succulent koala not as stringy or gamey as kangaroo . Black swans in front of my house beats duck any day. And finally me on a bike unfortunately not the vendetta kind but I can show you those too if you’re nice.
Jond, there are indead BIG fish and crabs!!!
Is that you asleep in a tree?

The Pesky looks very comfortable!!
Do you swap the seat bag between bikes?