Impressions After 200 miles on a Vendetta

jond

Zen MBB Master
Ok impressions after 50,000 klm plus.

Very fast efficient comfortable versatile lightweight great adjustable design and highest quality finish simply a fantastic bike on road.

I’ll buy again with no hesitation. The vendetta in both V2 and v20 guises for me have been and still are terrific special bikes.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I laugh at this thread title every time I do a double century like I did yesterday, yes we all have to start somewhere. So I've done like 4-5 doubles on my Trek and each double on my trek has been without any significate comfort issues, yes I can ride on a saddle for 12 hours in the aero bars and not look like a cripple when I get done. When I did this one last on the trek I had the plan to do a 3000' bonus climb and descent not on the official route because the DH looked tight and twisty aka fun. Unfortunately by the time I got to mile 130 when I had to make that choice up the mountain my day had gone so far south with an odd seat bone problem and terrible sleepiness that I just finished the normal route wanting to shoot myself the last 100 miles. This year the plan was to ride the trek again but Marko Balor was going to join me while in town for the 24 worlds, when he bailed on the ride I opted to ride in comfort on the V20. The other 5 riders who chose to start at 6am(last start wave) looked disappointed I brought the donut cart because they knew I'd be even faster than last year when I let them draft me for the first 100 miles on the trek, yes I actually do just get on the front and let people draft me for 100 miles at a time even on my DF bike. The way I see it is why should I have to choose my less comfortable bike because others refuse to choose a better option. So after pulling one rider for the first 100 miles because the other fell off much earlier, we arrived at the lunch stop. While I was enjoying my cheeseburger one of the volunteers ask why I'd choose the bent. My simple answer was "because it's fucking awesome" she looked confused unable to grasp the true meaning behind those words but we needed to finish our ride so I couldn't explain the numerous smaller things that add up to equally the status of "fucking awesome".

Long story less long, I dropped 2nd place on the big climb up the famous glass elevator because he was so hammered just holding my wheel to that point and I got to do my bonus climb and descent on total comfort. It was one of those days where everything went perfectly to plan and I had on a smile start to finish without a hint of a problem.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I laugh at this thread title every time I do a double century like I did yesterday, yes we all have to start somewhere. So I've done like 4-5 doubles on my Trek and each double on my trek has been without any significate comfort issues, yes I can ride on a saddle for 12 hours in the aero bars and not look like a cripple when I get done. When I did this one last on the trek I had the plan to do a 3000' bonus climb and descent not on the official route because the DH looked tight and twisty aka fun. Unfortunately by the time I got to mile 130 when I had to make that choice up the mountain my day had gone so far south with an odd seat bone problem and terrible sleepiness that I just finished the normal route wanting to shoot myself the last 100 miles. This year the plan was to ride the trek again but Marko Balor was going to join me while in town for the 24 worlds, when he bailed on the ride I opted to ride in comfort on the V20. The other 5 riders who chose to start at 6am(last start wave) looked disappointed I brought the donut cart because they knew I'd be even faster than last year when I let them draft me for the first 100 miles on the trek, yes I actually do just get on the front and let people draft me for 100 miles at a time even on my DF bike. The way I see it is why should I have to choose my less comfortable bike because others refuse to choose a better option. So after pulling one rider for the first 100 miles because the other fell off much earlier, we arrived at the lunch stop. While I was enjoying my cheeseburger one of the volunteers ask why I'd choose the bent. My simple answer was "because it's fucking awesome" she looked confused unable to grasp the true meaning behind those words but we needed to finish our ride so I couldn't explain the numerous smaller things that add up to equally the status of "fucking awesome".

Long story less long, I dropped 2nd place on the big climb up the famous glass elevator because he was so hammered just holding my wheel to that point and I got to do my bonus climb and descent on total comfort. It was one of those days where everything went perfectly to plan and I had on a smile start to finish without a hint of a problem.

yessssssssssssss ;)

comfort is speed. With a smile.

1000klm of wheelsucking n watching another guys backside is all upwrong. Back of the head watching though is perfectly fine.

im not sure your cheeseburger watching volunteer was necessarily confused

possibly cheeseburger donut sandwich shock.

jond

Zen MBB Master
It is nicer seeing the back of someone's seat than seeing their lycra-clad bum (or butt) with a racing saddle stuck up it.

my point exactly . though depending upon gender and if said bottom does not look like two ferrets trying to get out of a sack I find that miracle extra 50 subtlety watts to pass by as every gentleman should.

(thankyou Benny Hill discredited maligned seventies sexist racist comedian for that lasting commentary)