KOM Thieves :)

I recently lost a couple KOMs. My ego’s not fragile and I’m okay if it’s due to a better effort, but when it’s clear a vehicle was involved I think it’s worth flagging.
1711921154163.jpeg

I place this comment, hopefully helping the fellow rider record appropriately.

“Nice effort on that ride. The latter portion of this ride appears to have been done in a car, which inappropriately claimed some KOMs. You can split this activity and keep only the portion that you actually road. https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/221033867-Activity-Split-Tool

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
That ride does look a bit like a car was involved. Hopefully he trims that tail end off without getting weird.

1 very windy day in February I gave a 34km section a really good go at and got some Top Tens and 1 KOM (barely taken from JP so I at least had that to pay myself on the back for). So here I am trudging back up the river, into a massive headwind, legs blown out and barely able to go fast enough to keep my V20 upright when I stop to check my phone. I see "33 notifications" on STRAVA. I open STRAVA and there is a whole sheet of "Uh Oh! You just lost your KOM!" What I didn't know during my ride was that JP, 1 of the trio of triathletes that is always on the leaderboard was just finishing essentially that same ride with an absolute monster effort just as I was beginning it, and he trounced all of the KOMs by about 3kph and got a total of over 100 KOMs on that ride. Talk about a screwed up ride back up the river into the head wind :D I figured that was the last of the Winter winds going down the river for this season, but I was able to get a few back on a later ride. I couldn't see any of his power data (+300w average for the 40 minute ride?) but it looks like JP made good use of the Winter season.