Loose Headset

agfrag

Thanks super slim, however, I also need the type, and the upper and lower head tube inner diameters.

jphipps

Look on E-Bay, search for Di Tech headset, a bike shop in England has them new, shipping cost about $14 the headset cost $12

agfrag

Thanks jphips, I did the search, and did not find the one I need. There is one similar from a bike shop in England, but it's for a 1 inch steering tube.

However, I did take mine apart again this morning, took the measurements, and found that it would need an EC34/28.6 for the top, and an EC34/30 for the bottom, so I ordered a Cane Creek 40 EC34/28.6 EC34/30 Headset and the Problem Solvers Micro ADJ Headset Spacer that Robert recommended.

I'll see how this goes!

agfrag

I have installed the Cane Creek 40 EC34/28.6 EC34/30 Headset and the Problem Solvers Micro ADJ Headset Spacer on the new (Q100?) non - suspension fork I received from Robert and everything is working great. My only concern was that due to the stackup of the different heights for the lower and upper bearings and the spacer, only about 1 inch of tube on the new fork was available to clamp the riser to. However, I have completed quite a few bumpy rides since installation, and the front end is as firm and responsive as others have described when switching to the suspension-less fork, so I am quite happy.

I am looking into a star nut solution which would give me about another 10mm of clamp distance, but I can't find anyone who makes a 230mm M6-1.0 hex socket bolt, which is what it will take to work with my riser tube. Maybe I'll weld some stuff together...!!!