Maybe the V20 is a fast bike afterall

DocS

Guru
Salt buggers the zip.

I use a small amount of grease on the zippers. Definitely makes them easier to use and doesn't allow for the collection of salt.

With the $ he saves from regenerative genital medical attention he could go to a company we know and buy an ergonomically superior seat that comes with the fastest road bike. I’m sure @DocS would help him learn the basics until he started competing at least.

I've offered :) A few of the guys are interested in trying my S40. They're not so sure about the Vendetta's seating angle...
I think it would be easier to learn on an S40 than on the Vendetta.

Frito,
When I had the stock Cruzbike Seat and Ventist Pad, I used Top Tub bags under my seat. I had one on each side. It allowed for a lot of storage!
When I changed to the Carbon Fiber Thor seat, I mounted an AngleTech bag (Complements of our famous Larry) to the back of the seat.

Blessings,
DocS

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210118_152232.jpg
    20210118_152232.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
7D929336-0F70-42FC-9535-DEE623CF09A1.jpeg 7F81C5E0-7346-44FE-A2DD-1528F478894E.jpeg AEBA2FBF-3B77-4365-B670-83C15B378322.jpeg
Any close ups of how you connected the Banana seat and brain bag. I like the CB seat with Ventisit and would rather not change it to an M5 seat if at all possible

supplied with both V2 and v20 framesets to Australia were plastic clips that secure around neckrest x 4 clips. The flat bar simply connects to the clips. You can see the bottom clip in pic. Also forum search vendetta luggage should help. I’ll take a photo closeup today but it may not show much.

Last edited:

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
You should join us in the Zwift community sometime and find out if this advantage is a power thing or if it's due to aero. It will quickly become evident.
No.
Thank you.
Club riders routinely win impromptu 'races' VS. me, unless they are sticking to their training routine.
None of the local recumbent riders are anywhere near as skilled and as fast as any of the local club boys... especially not me.
Finally, I'm not a joiner.
Have fun.

Reactions: M.J

jond

Zen MBB Master
Thank you Jond, that is a nice workaround. I will try to get one built for my V20 before the real touring starts.
The clips were parts supplied by cruzbike in frameset package. The seat as pictured is the cruzbike seat no modification. The flat aluminium bar is cheap and available everywhere Home Depots I think America calls em. Just form by hand drill couple holes. The banana racer bags just fit over the seat.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
We have a Viva Home (DIY) not far from here that sells aluminum and steel flatbar with holes predrilled in them, so that might work with a little bit of bending. I had 2 small black pieces of that flat bar that I used for the head rest cage mount kit to attach a rear facing camera. It is sturdy so it got me thinking about putting a bag there, but I don't think my idea would be as durable or even as functional. Once I put something on there I don't want to be fidgeting with it every other ride to make sure it doesn't fall off, and this looks better than mine...

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 14.11.11.png

Tuloose

Guru
Frito, I posted this awhile back.
Notice that I also put a piece of thin plywood paneling where the bag goes over the head rest to provide more side to side stability.

Any close ups of how you connected the Banana seat and brain bag. I like the CB seat with Ventisit and would rather not change it to an M5 seat if at all possible
I have a Bacchetta Brain Bag on my Vendetta.
I have had the bag for 6 years, notice the faded appearance, and it has held up well.
I previously had it on my Silvio 2.0 but when I switched it over to the V I had to modify it some to keep it from dragging on the wheel.

upload_2020-4-6_11-47-31-png.9137

There is a nylon strap at the front of the bag that I hooked onto the rear of the headrest to pull the bag up.
The strap wasn't tight enough so I shortened it by folding it over and securing the fold with a pop rivet.
The strap needs to be held on securely with a zip tie.

upload_2020-4-6_11-53-53-png.9138

There is no downside to fast AND comfortable
Tuloose, Apr 6, 2020 Edit Delete Report
#21 Reply

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Great idea Tuloose. I was wondering how to stop the side to side swaying. It has seen some miles so it durable as well. Win/win