Mullet?

rdl03

I learned a new term in a FB gravel cycling group - googling it, it apparently just means a bike with two different size wheels. Given that the least enjoyable part of my Cruzbike experience are the "bumps", wondered about having a 650B wheel to put on the back for those bumpier rides.

Anyone riding an S40 with one or two 650B wheels? How much wider can you go than with 700c? Thoughts in general?

I started my Cruzbike riding with a 650b wheelset and Mtb transmission, then transitioned to a hybrid seen here. Max wheel size on the back 42mm. It rode very well like that.
I've since put that original system on an S40, and now a hybrid system on my V20c. Sram 12 speed Eagle derailleur & cassette paired with ETAP brifters. I like this system, too.

BentAxel004

I learned a new term in a FB gravel cycling group - googling it, it apparently just means a bike with two different size wheels. Given that the least enjoyable part of my Cruzbike experience are the "bumps", wondered about having a 650B wheel to put on the back for those bumpier rides.

Anyone riding an S40 with one or two 650B wheels? How much wider can you go than with 700c? Thoughts in general?
I have a Q45 with 650 wheeler running 38mm tires. I have not tried on my S40 yet. They work great for the bike trails with questionable surfaces.

More about mullets:
@Black Hawk Down shared his experience. Like me, he prefers the 20% seat angle of the Vendetta that reduces recumbutt during long rides, but he wanted a wider fork to accommodate fat tires. He successfully put an S40 front triangle on a V20 frame (and bearings.) This combination should suit him well on his next tour.