Multi-day group ride entry fee sponsorships!

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
We love multi-day group rides like Cycle North Carolina, Bike Virginia, The Bon Ton Roulet and RAGBRAI. Nothing beats day after day of beautiful cycling and good times with fellow cyclists.

We’ve also discovered that multi-day group rides are a great way to get the word out about Cruzbike. After a couple of days of riding, we find other cyclists get curious about the swift, beautiful machines that let us ride and climb fast without saddle, wrist, neck or back pain.

We want to help the Cruzbike Tribe enjoy more of these kinds of events while spreading the word. To do that, we will reimburse your entry fee or contribute to your fundraising requirement up to $250 USD for the multi-day group ride on your bucket list.

Here are the requirements to participate:
  • Your ride must be a multi-day group ride with more than 100 participants.
  • You must love talking about your Cruzbike and be knowledgeable enough to answer curious cyclists’ questions about it.
  • Our favorite technique for getting the buzz going is to spend plenty of time at rest areas chatting with people about the bikes. You should be willing and able to take a similar approach (and enjoy it!).
  • If you and a partner or friends are all planning to do the same ride on Cruzbikes, you’ll get extra points in your application.
  • Be willing to send or share photos.
  • You must fill out our application here.
The number of awards will depend on applications received.

If your application is selected, we will send your scholarship via PayPal when we receive your post-ride writeup and photos.

We can’t wait to read your applications!

If you have any questions, send me an email at lucia@cruzbike.com.

Last edited:

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I had one of these experiences yesterday evening on my ride home from the dentist. The weather has been more rainy than usual so I think everyone is really appreciating the beautiful weather. Lots of people are out. I have had many, many positive comments in the last week. More than since the first week riding to work at school bus time - the first time many of them saw a recumbent I'm sure.

I was riding along a paved trail near the university when a guy on a mountain bike yelled out "That looks comfortable!" as he passed in the other direction. I returned "It is!" and turned around to see if he wanted to stop and chat. He did and we had a ten minute or so conversation about advantages, different models, etc. He ended up taking pictures of the bike to be able to look up at home.

Anyway, this is a great program, I like the idea.

As with all marketing, is it going to encourage Cruzbikers who wouldn't or haven't yet done these events to get out and try thereby increasing the numbers of ambassadors out there or will it mainly encouraged those who already do these events? Time will tell and this kind of thing is very difficult to measure. (Referral rewards?)

Another idea that came to me as I ride and get comments would be to have business cards or similar to be able to hand out. I'm often late for work or rushing home from work when I hear someone comment and I'd love to be able to have a 30second conversation and then be able to leave them with some information.

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
Another idea that came to me as I ride and get comments would be to have business cards or similar to be able to hand out.
Thank you for helping spread the word! We're working on making this idea happen. I just added a question to the questionnaire for applicants to include their Loyal-Z codes so we can help reward both the current owner and the new owner! If you're not yet signed up, check it out here: https://cruzbike.com/pages/loyal-z-brand-ambassadors

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Thank you for helping spread the word! We're working on making this idea happen. I just added a question to the questionnaire for applicants to include their Loyal-Z codes so we can help reward both the current owner and the new owner! If you're not yet signed up, check it out here: https://cruzbike.com/pages/loyal-z-brand-ambassadors
Hi @Lucia,
What do you think about expanding the Loyal-Z program to include anyone from any country (Currently limited to USA only).

I can't see any reason why you couldn't expand it to work for anyone anywhere with the existing setup, but if there are issues with awarding VISA cards internationally then maybe $50 USD PayPal on the date processed would work, or Cruzbike credits that can be used at a later date or donated to other Cruzbikers, or donated to charity of your choice, or discount for both sides, or discount just for the purchaser. There are probably many issues with many of these as they are ideas.

Cheers,
Ben.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
I had one of these experiences yesterday evening on my ride home from the dentist. The weather has been more rainy than usual so I think everyone is really appreciating the beautiful weather. Lots of people are out. I have had many, many positive comments in the last week. More than since the first week riding to work at school bus time - the first time many of them saw a recumbent I'm sure.

I was riding along a paved trail near the university when a guy on a mountain bike yelled out "That looks comfortable!" as he passed in the other direction. I returned "It is!" and turned around to see if he wanted to stop and chat. He did and we had a ten minute or so conversation about advantages, different models, etc. He ended up taking pictures of the bike to be able to look up at home.

Anyway, this is a great program, I like the idea.

As with all marketing, is it going to encourage Cruzbikers who wouldn't or haven't yet done these events to get out and try thereby increasing the numbers of ambassadors out there or will it mainly encouraged those who already do these events? Time will tell and this kind of thing is very difficult to measure. (Referral rewards?)

Another idea that came to me as I ride and get comments would be to have business cards or similar to be able to hand out. I'm often late for work or rushing home from work when I hear someone comment and I'd love to be able to have a 30second conversation and then be able to leave them with some information.

Or just print a bunch of QR Code stickers!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Acronyms are wonderful QR = Quick Release, therefore QR Code stickers are something that sticks and releases! :p

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Since Normal is only a setting on the Dryer I assume that a Normal person must be one who sits on the dryer :D
A NORMAL person only tries to ride 250 km per day not 40 in one day or 600 km in 1.5 days with very little sleep!!!!!

IF riding a DF bike he would NEED to sit on a dryer to get feeling back in his/her posterior!!!!!!

jond

Zen MBB Master
Were they Audax Riders, OR Normal people????

Well one is a commuter from Melbourne and one is a collector from Newcastle.

So no audax types however they both have ridden a lot of miles.

27 months to retirement I’m hoping then to be doing many more miles.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Well one is a commuter from Melbourne and one is a collector from Newcastle.

So no audax types however they both have ridden a lot of miles.

27 months to retirement I’m hoping then to be doing many more miles.
Will you be buying a new Titanium Vendetta to make you faster and handle the potholed NSW roads?????

3bs

whereabouts unknown
cruzbike missionary work happens everywhere. you just have to be open to it. i was just in my LBS with my v20 (i am still playing with my new SRAM rear mech that doesn't seem to want to work quietly.) and there were 5 guys finishing their ride around lake Michigan on uprights. a couple minutes of the ordinary jokes (what happened to your bike? well i got hit by a car and i didn't have instructions when i was putting it back together...the bike is like an HP calculator, reverse polish notation, etc..) then the actual conversations about how it rides and what is good and what is bad and one guys says i am going to be on one of those in a couple years, and the other says yeah i always see these climbing really well on RAGBRI... and those are nutty but fast huh..... they all were knowledgeable as to the general pluses and open to recumbent and interested in the mbbfwd, but they all viewed it as something to do when they are a little older. and these guys were all over 40 if not 50. they all want to know the comparison to uprights and the comparisons to other bents. good guys good fun, but again, my local environment is much more open to all forms of cycling than many places.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Will you be buying a new Titanium Vendetta to make you faster and handle the potholed NSW roads?????

Slim it’s a toss up as to purchasing a bitumen plant or build the titanium v.

My terrible road frustration is maddening. With 28 mm tyres on the vendetta is comfy with 70psi.

But I find myself saving the vendetta and catrike 700 for smoother roads. Riding the hurricane more.

DavidJL

It would be neat if there were a Cruzbike team on RAGBRAI. Rode part of the last day of RAGBRAI, but did not see any Cruzbikes, unfortunately. Saw a bunch of Bachettas, Catrikes, a Lightning, a Gold Rush. Alas, I went "rojo" and rode a DF road bike. Had lung surgery this year, and wasn't sure about breathing, which seems to be harder in recumbent position.