Need more items added to this list I stole from Day6

1happyreader

zen/child method
We have a mixed bike household, Day6 and Cruzbike.
I could not help but think if I replaced #9 , the list would work for Cruzbike.
Can anybody think of additions for this list ?
upload_2020-6-8_16-3-21.png

Relax, Keep your head up, and don't forget to smile !

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
11. I'd like to be able to bunny hop up and over stuff.
12. Sitting up high gives me a better view of the road for aggressive speeds going DH
13. I'd like to make a quick run to the store with my backpack instead of having to equip my bike with bags each time.
14. I'd like to ride in the rain without drowning like a turkey

1happyreader

zen/child method
Gotta agree with #11 and #13 giving up the curb hop means I had to give up riding on sidewalks and live in fear of street potholes and drain grates. At my most obese 285# I got kmart hy-bred and tried to hop a curb like my 14 -16 year self did. Lucky all I got was a bent wheel and bruises.

too old for backpacks but I miss my childhood front end basket for the toss n go stuff. (mmm note to self : add rack and rear basket)

12 ???? no downhills in my life. do you move forward off the saddle and sag as low as the cross bar allows for lower center of gravity, or do you give up the aero position to sit up high still pedal and get a better view of the road ??

14.ohhh ohhh non serious playtime with animal images.
Cruzbike areo, I see a sea otter shape. floating on its back. head up looking past its navel.
Df areo ... I see a turtle shape . neck up, shoulders down, arms tucked, body in a sloping ball to the hips that are the same level as the shoulders.

One df thing I do miss : pedal like crazy to loose patch of grit, lock up that coaster brake, and stand up while the rear wheel kicks out to the side. Think I would soil my undies and crash on my cruzbike.
Later,,, bye

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
12. there's no point trying to lower your center of gravity, what you gain will be lost two fold with the awkward body position. I tuck low if going too fast to pedal and when I approach a tight hairpin I get my ass back over the seat to maximize my ability to brake hard. If I'm approaching a shady section of road or an area with obvious dangers I always have the option to sit up and get a clearer view.

11. I actually ride off curbs all the time with my V20 but I do so very slowly to control the drop. I can't just hop off at 30 mph and use the suspension in my legs to smooth out the landing.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I wish my bikes were as easy to pick up and carry as a DF. On one Critical Mass, everyone stopped and lifted their bikes above their heads. I had to bend right down to get a grip on the Grasshopper frame. I struggled and eventually lifted it over my head. The handlebars swung round and gave me a huge whack on the head. Should have been wearing a helmet. I saw a telly programme in which this bloke rode his bike to the bottom of a cliff, slung his bike over his shoulder and started climbing. I love my bikes when I am riding them. They are a bloody nuisance when I am not.