Race the Lake 2024 Information

Race the lake is an awesome way tour Lake Winnebago and to see the countryside of Wisconsin. I have done it for the last 2 years as my skills have grown. In 2022 i completed it in 5:20:46 and in 2023 i completed it in 4:48:51. I join wave 7 due to the familiarity of those who always do wave 7. For the last 2 years i have been building trust with the poor unfortunate riders who ride those bikes that cause pain. They are supportive and do not mind me in the peloton, as long as i stay in the back. There is usually a group from my hometown velodrome team that supports me as well during the race. I have won the fastest recumbent in both years. In 2022 there was a few recumbents but in 2023 i was the only one. Wave 7 averages about 22mph for the first 40 miles and then it sort of breaks apart into factions due to the high cliff hill rest area and refueling food. Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to message me or ask me questions in this thread. My goal is to shave at least another 15 minutes off last years time and if anyone would like to do this route in May, June, or July i could use a test run. The organizers like to say it should be called "Ride the Lake" but they do give out some high quality monetary prizes. The link for more info is below.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Race the lake is an awesome way tour Lake Winnebago and to see the countryside of Wisconsin. I have done it for the last 2 years as my skills have grown. In 2022 i completed it in 5:20:46 and in 2023 i completed it in 4:48:51. I join wave 7 due to the familiarity of those who always do wave 7. For the last 2 years i have been building trust with the poor unfortunate riders who ride those bikes that cause pain. They are supportive and do not mind me in the peloton, as long as i stay in the back. There is usually a group from my hometown velodrome team that supports me as well during the race. I have won the fastest recumbent in both years. In 2022 there was a few recumbents but in 2023 i was the only one. Wave 7 averages about 22mph for the first 40 miles and then it sort of breaks apart into factions due to the high cliff hill rest area and refueling food. Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to message me or ask me questions in this thread. My goal is to shave at least another 15 minutes off last years time and if anyone would like to do this route in May, June, or July i could use a test run. The organizers like to say it should be called "Ride the Lake" but they do give out some high quality monetary prizes. The link for more info is below.
Wish it was not far away - I'd love to try it!
I'm not in the best shape, but I can still give most fast groups a headache! ;)

Memorial day morning was a thought, we could leave the park at 0430 and be done around 1030 before traffic picks up too much. Just a thought.

Been off-forum for 2 months due to being placed in a walking boot due to 3mm tear in a foot tendon. Been upset and tried to stay away from any reminders of bike riding. will call you this week.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Been off-forum for 2 months due to being placed in a walking boot due to 3mm tear in a foot tendon. Been upset and tried to stay away from any reminders of bike riding. will call you this week.
That is a real bummer Andrew - I hope you are healing up well!