Raven Rock Ramble 2019

Ken Rudd

S40, Apex, NC
Try putting your cleats mide sole - that have helps many people. I just made a small adapter out of 1/8" thick aluminum for my look cleats. Works great - have never had hot foot since switching and I would get it regularly. If you are a "point your toe" pedaling you will have to move your boom in or shorten your cranks because mid sole cleat will shorten that distance. If you already pedals with you toe pointing straight up then you will not need to do anything

They are currently at the farthest back "standard" position possible. Moving them back further would require significant re-engineering. Note that I wear MTB shoes and SPD cleats ( because 85% of my mileage is commuting, and it's much better for actual walking to/from the office/locker room). I will re-engineer if needed, or buy what I need, but looking for easiest solution first. I may start a new thread on this if it get interesting.
full

Ken, easy solution is to put on platform pedals and pedal mid-foot ;) That is actually what I had on the ride. I tried SPD pedals with my MTB shoes and the cleats set all the way back (without changing shoe). I use it on my trike, but not a fan on my S40. No issue at all with the platform pedal ;)

For future reference, I was told by the ride director that there will only be two more RRR. I.e., 2021 will be the last year for the Ramble.

Sadly, yes. Being my first RRR, I am sad I will only have 2 more times riding this. Hopefully @LarryOz knows of other, good rides in the area. ;)

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Try putting your cleats mide sole - that have helps many people. I just made a small adapter out of 1/8" thick aluminum for my look cleats. Works great - have never had hot foot since switching and I would get it regularly. If you are a "point your toe" pedaling you will have to move your boom in or shorten your cranks because mid sole cleat will shorten that distance. If you already pedals with you toe pointing straight up then you will not need to do anything

Second vote for the cleat position. Mine are not true mid foot but rather the back most position on Shimano mtb shoes which I think is about as far back as one can go w stock materials. Has made a huge difference.

The Thor Easy Seat didn’t change much in terms of seat pan comfort but the back and shoulder support was a complete game changer. I’m far more comfortable and stable at high speed and in tight maneuvers and feel like I’m producing more power.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
As much as I always picture myself in my head looking cool on my S40, every picture proves me wrong.
Thanks for grabbing those shots Ken - I think we all look pretty COOL! - and more importantly "comfortable"!

Just a bunch of Cruzbikes out for an easy Sunday ride!

I think Barbara looks the happiest because she is in front of David! haha

Bentas

Another midsole cleat convert, used a grinder to make room further back for cleats , drilled a couple of new holes in carbon soles and repositioned plates for screws.
No more hotfoot , and I feel like I can spin faster.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 30

Ken Rudd

S40, Apex, NC
Another midsole cleat convert, used a grinder to make room further back for cleats , drilled a couple of new holes in carbon soles and repositioned plates for screws.
No more hotfoot , and I feel like I can spin faster.
This may be doable. I have and older pair of traditional Road shoes that I can test on. Will report back when I get time.