Still looking at the T50

Bikenutjay

What if I put 700 x 35 tires on the V , I found Schwalbe marathon racers on sale 27.99 each plus tubes.
slower yes but faster than the trike .

What if I put 700 x 35 tires on the V
Negative, Ghost Rider. I can squeeze 700 x 32 up front, but it’s super close. Higher pressures make it rub. Probably depends on the brand. I use 28 or 30s.

On the back there’s a bit more room. Not sure if 700 x 35 will fit there.

I’ve had 650b x 38 on the front before. They fit and center well, but there’s some apparent rubbing from side-to-side while riding.

DavidJL

I finally got around to it and turned the seat bracket backwards from normal and got the seat much further back. Now the head tube and other front items clear much better. With a toe strap I can now secure the front wheel from flopping over as well as from rolling. The T50 is as fun to mod as it is to ride. As pic shows, I had already done the Emeljay mod. I have used seat padding and also not used any padding.

Bikenutjay

yea I know what you mean ,
I have been riding mine a lot and not working on it much.
still need to work on the seat and wheels , change the tires just to see if I can get more speed out of it .
waiting on the front detailer and shifter to come in .
I spent time on the Silvio putting it together and fine tuning ( riding it ) changing the free hub on the Mavic wheel set to Campy .
its running good so I can work on the T 50 now .

DavidJL

After blowing the controller, I de-electrified my T50. I just now re-electrified it with a Bafang kit. This time the installation went much easier, and it's much cleaner looking. But I could not figure out how to install the cutoffs on my hydraulic brake levers, so I did the next best thing. I made a kill switch using the magnet and sensor. This is mounted next to the right brake lever. The throttle and on/off switch are on the left side. Actually, I think the kill switch is better because it stays off even if you let go of the brake levers. I wish I could have placed the battery underneath between the wheels, but there's too much plastic and the battery is heavy. Weight distribution would have been better. Rack mount was the only way to go. And the really cool thing is that I did not need to change any cable lengths to make it work.

DavidJL

At first, I mounted the battery on the rack, but noticed that it affects the handling. On the T50, the seat and strut help brace the frame. Unpowered it's not a big deal, but with rear hub motor and battery in back can be shaky. I made a support underneath the battery. Now the battery is in the center between the wheels. It should handle much better with more even weight distribution. The support hangs off the rear seat support. Three M5 screws and a mostly plastic base seemed sketchy.