T50 - whatcha planning to build.....

defjack

Zen MBB Master
I ran into a few problems right away first you have to cut the steering tube and the steering mast will be super tight I had to sand them down some to fit so the frame is done now for the rest of the bike.

Rampa

Guru
I was curious about that. How tall is the steering tube before you cut it? Was it as tall as the extension tube?

It has begun. Got two boxes (frame and ordered accessories). Everything was packed well. Parts unpacked and verified. Now I got to re-view the videos and find my tools.

Anyone know what this part is? I don't seem to have a locking spacer in the box as show in the video, but I have the part in the photo that I don't see being used in the video. Any ideas?Mystery Part.JPG

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Not very accurate I just used a hack saw on mine and filed the rough edges. I didnt get the lock ring spacer waiting for Cruzbike on that.

Bill K

Guru
Same here. I installed the riser without the lockring spacer. Seems to be fine but I'll find out for sure when I ride it tomorrow.
Still need to install brakes.
The Rohloff hub looks like it will work fine without a chain tensioner. I used a PhilWood "philcentric" bottom bracket and a 1/2 link chain so I can cut the chain in 1/4" sections and tension it with the eccentric bottom bracket.
Tomorrow I'm going to see how easy it is to attach my Bacchetta euro-mesh seat. Looks like it should pretty much just bolt on.
This is the perfect Fourth of July weekend project!

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 58

Frisard

How many stars? ** --- (2 out of 5)
NO locking spacer. Can't move forward.
Need better documentation. Where are the "We provide a list of everything you need to complete your T50 along with a recommended component set list and instructions." The Getting Started doc is wholly inadequate. The video helps, but is not enough.
Having to cut the steering tube is lame. It should have been done in factory.
The seat cushion is a piece of crap. The cushion appears to have been cut free form (no template). (Not the VentiSit I was expecting). It was the first item coming out of box and set the wrong tone for rest of kit. Then the locking spacer is missing. And then I find I have to cut the steer tube. I found that out after I tried to put the riser on. Which you don't want to do if you want to remove later. (Should not have to sand anything to make it fit.)
When Cruzbike said the T50 was to be an entry level bike, I did not think quality of manufacturing was going to suffer. Or missing parts was part of cost saving. I thought costs would be saved in level of components, which is why I bought frameset only.
I'll admit the frame itself looks good, but everything else...suffers.
Many years ago I worked as a product manufacturing engineer. I know what first run production looks like. I know to expect errors by offshore production, etc. But I think I expected better out of Cruzbike. Probably because I am old and sentimental, and have bought into Parker family marketing :emoji_heart_eyes:. Maybe because I like my QX100 so much:emoji_kissing_heart:. (I am sure it went through similar issues early on.)
By the way I am not angry, just disappointed.
Good luck on building this bike.:cruzbike:
❤️:mad: