Texas time Trials or Bust - Whose gonna join me

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Discounted Fee Deadline: Monday, Apr 13, 2020 at 12:01 AM CT. View Full Fees
Online Registration Deadline: Tuesday, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM CT

Ok for those that have not heard. Team Pankratz is moving to Austin Texas this summer; or that's the plan and after 2 years of making it real we are in the process of getting it done.

So in honor of:
1. Summer of cancelled races
2. My goal to get off the couch to continue the journey from fat to fit
3. My soon to be new home state

I'm entering the TTT and hoping they have it, if they cancel oh darn I will be in great shape in September.

Stretch goal; if Social distancing is truly done and the place we are living support it; there will be camping in our back yard available and some sort of BBQ. We'll be in Austin < 2 hours from the race.

This weekend I'm going to pick which event I'm going to register for and get the discount.
https://www.bikereg.com/texas-time-trials

Now the fun part; does anyone else want to do this too if they don't cancel it. I am willing ride a Solo, Team, Duo, Triple anything over 6 hours. with anyone else that wants to do so. Pluckyblond has bowed out of riding with me; (She may be organizing at female group separately) but she doesn't want me slowing her down.

Training for this will be optional, available and real; I'm going to create the plan and post it and I will coach anyone that wants to be coached: my team or any team. (If you are reading this thread in the future, it should be possible for people/groups to start training cycles as late as July).

The "core" workouts will be in TrainerRoad with the new group training video mode on a schedule of show up if you can or Ride the workout by yourself if you can't. If there are enough people we can have multiple trainings scheduled at different times. Filling and fun rides can be on Zwift or alternatives like RoadGrand tours, Rovy or outdoors; (gasp you can ride outside, just don't do an Oslund the hospitals need the beds). Since everyone is sleeping more, commuting less and over all inactive. You can do a lot of volume if you want; which means yeah you could race on zwift and do this training too and not screw up anything. TSS ceilings are a lot different under these conditions.

So if you are in; or have thought; post to this thread; if you just want to watch the carnage this is the thread. I will

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Anyone wanting to train for the Texas Time Trials via TR and Zwift concurrently shouldn't have any problems fitting it in. Seems like it would even enhance a recreational riders development. Since Pluckyblond has bowed out on riding with you will she consider riding with Connie and Maria on the Flamingos? And what happened to Larry???

ratz

Anyone wanting to train for the Texas Time Trials via TR and Zwift concurrently shouldn't have any problems fitting it in. Seems like it would even enhance a recreational riders development. Since Pluckyblond has bowed out on riding with you will she consider riding with Connie and Maria on the Flamingos? And what happened to Larry???
Larry got hurt moving; he'll be back. He's fine; just bruised pride to go with the broken ribs. I'm sure he'll fill everyone in.

Zwift and schedules are aren't PB's thing I don't think you'll ever get her to do it; she's testing sufferfest right now with it's "yoga, weights, biking program" they had a 14 week free trial; so far she's digging her alone time.

Jayrob

Since it is now only 68 miles from my new home I was going to sign up for the sprint. Had several health issues and don't know if I will be ready by September. Maybe if I can't race I'll sign up to volunteer. Hopefully though I will not have anymore surprises and can race in the sprint. Either way it will be nice to meet you there.

Phantomrider

Bob - welcome to Texas where year round riding outside is not only a possibility but a reality. I’m interested but need to give it some thought before committing to any event.

ccf

Guru
I'm interested in group training. Don't have Trainer Road, but could get it. 1700 miles is a long way to go for a race, especially if driving is necessary because air travel is risky. But I'm planning to go back to the 6-12-24 WTTC in Borrego Springs. Some chance that race might not happen, too. Registration was postponed until June.

ratz

Here's a link to the general/generic training calendar for those that want to train alone.
webcal://api.trainerroad.com:80/v1/calendar/ics/4a35506f-f539-48d6-a40e-b00e74eb307f
Tues, Thur, Sat are the core works outs; substituting for the rest should be fine; adding extra on top will be fine as well as this is a "late start" from a base to race build cycle.

I have some unused discount code; 3-5 for those that want a free month; just pm me first/last name and email to send them too. I can probably get more.

Today's "Debug" group ride is the simple Taku 30 minute ride. Time will be 1:45 pm CDT ride code group code is 17b31o
Just a tech shake down.

Reactions: ccf

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I need a help understanding how this all works. I thought you were going to be able to run your TR group training event tied into a concurrent Zwift group workout or something to this effect. Is this possible?

Here's a link to the general/generic training calendar for those that want to train alone.
webcal://api.trainerroad.com:80/v1/calendar/ics/4a35506f-f539-48d6-a40e-b00e74eb307f
I’m trying to figure out how to add this to my Trainer Road calendar. My iPad opened the link to my Calendar app.

ratz

I’m trying to figure out how to add this to my Trainer Road calendar. My iPad opened the link to my Calendar app.

The link is just a calendar sharing link for the time being. The link should let someone add the "schedule" to a calendar like icloud or gmail. webcal://api.trainerroad.com:80/v1/calendar/ics/4a35506f-f539-48d6-a40e-b00e74eb307f
That's just the training plan I'm following built to get to TTT in shape.

Doing the group stuff does require a PC, not supported on the iOS and Androids for a few more weeks.

Mean while the group ride calendar is:
https://calendar.google.com/calenda...jZlb2MzZTRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
If you load that by clicking on it you can search "Texas Time" and you can find the rides + Codes I've schedule. I'll build these out a week in advance

I need a help understanding how this all works. I thought you were going to be able to run your TR group training event tied into a concurrent Zwift group workout or something to this effect. Is this possible?

Still working that out; only in the shake down phases; there are off days that will be in zwift; their maybe racing and group rides in zwift. How to feather the two together will also be on the list. Zwift account is setup back up; and I did my ramp test in parallel zwift+TR at the same time. This weekend I have to figure out how to do a group ride again; I'll be looking for 1 on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

ratz

Requires Windows Desktop or Mac Desktop version.
First 5 riders at this time; 11+ in another week or so.

Tonights workout. 7:00pm CDT
H.A. & A.C. Power Profile Test
Join Code: t7yb4j

Currently confirmed myself and 1 other recumbent rider (non cruzbike) from the SouthWest US

Use computer Microphone for sound input; use headphones for output; the software will filter out your FAN and Breathing if you do it this way. This alone could be the death of discord group rides.

Workout scale to individual FTPs
This is an ERG workout with manual resistance control during the test blocks
Data is designed to feed to analysis software to figure out how to scale future workouts.

2020-04-14_16-52-43.png

ratz

Now on to TrPlay's question about Zwift and TR. For people that have both this opens a lot of options and it's pretty flexible; and just from the limited testing I did a lot more enjoyable than Discord and the trash talking works better.

So You can ride in both Zwift and TR at the same time if you want to but that requires either:
1) both a smart trainer and a separate power sources for the best experience
2) setting up Zwift for Z-power or TR for Virtual power with the other service getting the smart trainer.

Basic
1. Let TR control your Wahoo or Tacx or other smart trainer while you do a group video workout
2. Let Zwift read your power pedals or crank power meter.

Advanced
1. Join a group work out in TR with full video chat and a prescribed workout.
2. Simu-join a Group Ride in Zwift with the rubber-band.
3. Now everyone can ride together with full video chat and scaled to personal fitness workouts

Really Advanced.
1. In the next version or 2 of TR group with video will be able to ride personal discrete workouts (version update are coming out roughly every 10 days)
2. Until then you can be in a group workout but switch to resistance mode; and an then just shift to control resesitance.

Prefer Zwift Terrain based resistance:
1. Invert the power source so Zwift controls the trainer.
2. Pair the power source pedals or crank to TR
3. Join TR for just the video and chat aspecs.
4. IF doing group ride use rubber band.

Possibilities for TTT in zwift.
If you have a full team in the video chat; I suspect you'd be more organized than in Discord you could learn what team's "cracking" face looks like and you could use hand signals under distress to control the team actions.