V20 Bottom Bracket

Yup, did not think of this. Trouble is I have built up an old V20 where the BB cups were clamped and a newer V20 where the boom is clamped.

@Steve Heywood Yes, Matthew is right and with the newer clamps it does bind to the boom so you should be good to go with whatever BB you want to use.
Great... Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for hijacking another persons
thread

I just need to crack on and build it now after the holiday is out of the way

cruzKurt

@Steve Heywood , it sure would be nice if Shimano gave a list of compatibility. Also, I grumble about manufacturers requiring you to get the newest tool.

The V20c's BB shell's a bit different, using the T47 format. I had barely enough room to tighten it. .....

Looks like the clamps that hold the boom to the chainstay have been reengineered somewhat, another reason added to my list to consider a v20c.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Great... Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for hijacking another persons
thread

I just need to crack on and build it now after the holiday is out of the way
CB moved the chain stay clamps inward partly to remove clamping pressure from bb cups not designed for it, and partly to make bb selection less of an issue. I have used the smaller 39mm OD Shimano bb's on three Cruzbikes without issues. I'm sure that Hope unit is nice, but if you haven't ordered it yet, the DA unit should fit and work just as well.

CB moved the chain stay clamps inward partly to remove clamping pressure from bb cups not designed for it, and partly to make bb selection less of an issue. I have used the smaller 39mm OD Shimano bb's on three Cruzbikes without issues. I'm sure that Hope unit is nice, but if you haven't ordered it yet, the DA unit should fit and work just as well.
I haven’t done the deal on the hope BB yet so I’ll stick with the DA one.. I am pulling my hair out a little trying to find a socket to fit the 39mm caps or the larger 44mm caps as I have since purchased the Shimano adaptor but the Hollowtech socket I bought off Amazon is too small for the adaptor and too big for the DA caps ‍o_O

Last edited:
BB is now in place and torqued up... Just the crank to fit, front mech and shifters then I'm done..

Is there a torque setting for the new BB / boom clamps or is it like my S40 where you do then hand tight then a quarter of a turn?

Beano