V20 vs. V20c frame differences

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Do you have pictures posted somewhere? Interested to see how it looks.
Yes, I do. Here it is. The center doesnt look so good because I didn't cut a 1-2" wide plastic donut to fit on the spokes around the hub caps for the Monokote to stick to. Wrinkles there don't bother me too much but when I do the drive wheel in front then I will put a donut there to make the center smoother. Smooth near the rim is most important and I got that part down now ;)
IMG_5435.JPG

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Bizarre, I did ask for it and was denied....
This is probably because you asked for a "front" wheel instead of the "drive" wheel. I'll bet they think you wanted a non-drive wheel (=standard bike front wheel)

Derek

Your should try to Monokote your own wheel Derek. I did a shoddy job the first time on my Campagnolo Bullet 80 non-drive wheel but it has held together for easily over a year. Just yesterday I Monokoted my Bullet 50 non-drive wheel and while this effort was better you can save quite a bit of money doing the same for cheaper than buying a new wheel, and still get about 90% or better of the aero improvement at a very small weight penalty.
Yeah I already have an aerojacket wheel cover (apparently they don’t make them for front wheels anymore so I lucked out)! I have it set up on my trainer bike with the thought that when I want to throw it on my outdoor rig I can do that but the reality of having to go from carbon rim brake pads to regular metal rim brake pads is enough of a PITA that I’d be willing to spend the money on a separate solid disc wheel with carbon rim brakes. Said differently, I’m just plain unmanageable when it comes to spending on my hobbies.

But now that I’m writing this, I could probably get a similar used carbon front wheel for cheap and just throw the aerojacket on that. (They’re built for a predefined depth rim and won’t fit on my 50mm Mercury wheels)

Attachments

• EEB79F3C-678C-4138-BBA6-4C3A60A4250F.jpeg
    EEB79F3C-678C-4138-BBA6-4C3A60A4250F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

Derek

This is probably because you asked for a "front" wheel instead of the "drive" wheel. I'll bet they think you wanted a non-drive wheel (=standard bike front wheel)
Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but I believe I do want a non-drive wheel. I want a disc wheel for the rear wheel on the v20. Isn’t that = standard bike front wheel?

piston9

If you just need a cover, EZ Gains makes discs, and will make one for the 'front' (non drive) wheels. I have one for my rear wheel of my trike.... Heavier than monokote, but easy enough to put on - though with cable ties and tape, it's not a 5 minute job....

Midnight

Yes, I re-used as much as possible from the V20. The drivetrain was Eagle AXS 1x with Quarq DZero DUB 165mm carbon cranks; that stayed the same, except I had to get the SRAM T47 DUB internal BB (note this uses an uncommon 52mm, 16-notch bottom bracket tool).

I also switched to TRP HY/RD flat-mount cable-actuated hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors (note the rear required a tandem bike length brake cable). I use plain brake levers with a thumb shifter, not brifters.

The wheels are Specialized Axis Centerlock disc, take-offs from my 2017 Roubaix. The tires are WTB Exposure 30mm tubeless with Vittoria Air-Liner road foam inserts size L.

Here's a link for a deal on a pair of the HY/RD calipers with the front mount plate needed in the rear of the V20c:

TRP HY/RD Road Hydraulic Flat Mount Disc Brake Caliper Front / Rear or Pair
I’m trying to figure out which T47 DUB BB to buy for use with SRAM Rival AXS Power Meter? I measured the BB shell at 87 ish mm. Any help is appreciated