Vendetta V20 Build diary 2016

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I wore a blue jersey with my blue Marinoni bike at last week's Paris to Ancaster race. :)and some blue tape on the helmet was still there from keeping the wind out over winter - for what it is worth:D Tomorrow maybe I'll get holes in my pants to match the holes in my shirt. :eek:

rx7mark

Guru
6. Replace 73mm reach round bars with 93mm reach aero bars that remain in aero orientation on the V20 and add 20mm of leg space at the hand bar

Very interested in learning more about this bar option, as I could use a little more leg room. Any hints?

Mark

Rods

Ok It's probably going to be a few days before I can get the pictures (doing this to 4 bikes) but here's the lead. I have completed Parts swaps that take just shy of 1 pound off the nose of our V20's and 1.25 off the entire bike.

Here's the part changes.
1. Replace Power Tap P1 pedals with Vector V3
2. Replace Medium legacy chain stay with Modern Medium Chain stay
3. Chain BB from BB24gxp to BB30
4. Change Cranks from 153mm APEX custom cranks from Bike Smith to Rotor Aldhu 3d+ 150mm
5. Chain Ring from QXL A50/36 to Rotor Q ring Direct Mount Forge 52/36 rings
6. Replace 73mm reach round bars with 93mm reach aero bars that remain in aero orientation on the V20 and add 20mm of leg space at the hand bar

Lots of interesting stuff I got figured out doing PB's bike this weekend detailed photos when I do mine.

There was also T50 mischief but that goes in another thread

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok It's probably going to be a few days before I can get the pictures (doing this to 4 bikes) but here's the lead. I have completed Parts swaps that take just shy of 1 pound off the nose of our V20's and 1.25 off the entire bike.

Here's the part changes.
4. Change Cranks from 153mm APEX custom cranks from Bike Smith to Rotor Aldhu 3d+ 150mm

Lots of interesting stuff I got figured out doing PB's bike this weekend detailed photos when I do mine.

Results are in; Changes rock. I'll do what I can to get the photos this weekend and post them.

rx7mark

Guru

Hi Ratz,
Do you mind commenting on the Rotor Aldhu 30mm crankset? How did the installation go? How do you like the direct mount Q-rings and 30mm crank? I assume the 30mm shaft can only work on the new V20 and S40 front end?

Thanks
Mark

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I guess I did fall off the planet after that post. That build is in the basement, in fact it’s the only build not in storage for the big move. I see if I can get into bike mode this weekend and summarize

Dave Arnold

Here's the part changes.

@ratz or someone

For the Rotor ALDHU 30mm Crankset and disc wheelset, I'm trying to figure out which axle I need "Road Standard" and "Road Offset". bike-discount.de has the crankset at significant discount over purchasing directly from Rotor, but it's from Germany and has an additional shipping charge.

On the Bike-discount.de website shows two axle options with different nomenclature:
1) Road Axle, QF: 153mm, chainline: 46mm
2) Road Axle, QF: 147mm, chainline: 43.5mm

Which one is the correct axle for new S40? "Road Standard" or "Road Offset" on Rotor website or QF: 153 or QF: 147 on bike-discount.de website?

Also,

Is this the correct BB from enduroforkseals:

https://www.enduroforkseals.com/products/bottom-brackets/road/bsa/BB386EVO/RWCBSA30-SS.html

Thanks!

Dave