You Know You Are a Cruzbiker When...

benphyr

Guru-me-not
This thread is to capture those anecdotes and things you notice which differentiate our mentality (take that in any way you wish ;) ). What makes a member of the Cruzbike Tribe? If you are reading this chances are you are already a member - the deeper you get into being a Cruzbiker the more I realize we look at the world from a different perspective literally and figuratively. I anticipate there will be lots of :p, :cruzbike:, :eek:, :D, and:cruzbike:s. Let "You Know You Are a Cruzbiker When" begin.

Last edited:

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You Know You Are a Cruzbiker When:
You take your kids to daycare and the youngest you don't quite trust walking along the sidewalk immediately adjacent to a busy road so you put her in the stroller, jump on your Cruzbike, grab the front of the stroller and tow her in the stroller down the road and on the sidewalk so she is "safer". (Sorry, no pictures of this - it was spontaneous and I'm not quite sure how I could take the picture anyway, all hands were occupied!)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
When you stuff the underseat bag until the zip is nearly bursting and hang bags on the bars and say you will definitely, definitely look on this forum at all the rack threads and topbox threads, and in the shed you have a forlorn-looking Grasshopper with the biggest Radical bags that can do a passing impersonation of a load-carrying Anthrotech.

Actually, bags on the bars has no effect on the steering or balance. That is cool.

jond

Zen MBB Master
You know you are a cruzbiker when you pass a peloton of dfs and not one of them acknowledges you in sandals and tshirt.
And when your df mates won’t ride with you....because you’re too this or that. More like fast I reckon lol.

You know you are a cruzbiker when a kid calls out cool bike.

And when you want an s40 etc to add to the collection.......

You know you are a cruzbiker when you prefer always your cruzbike goodness knowledge comfort speed safety . And the df wonder bike feels slow.

And When you feel cool on the bike and one.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
A car overtakes and a hand holding a phone pokes out. I see this a lot, on both my bikes. Yesterday I was on the Silvio and a car overtook really close and a woman leant out really far and screeched really loudly right in my earhole. Shook me badly, but the bike did not wobble, did not swerve, not one bit. Solid as a rock. So I know I am.

jond

Zen MBB Master
A car overtakes and a hand holding a phone pokes out. I see this a lot, on both my bikes. Yesterday I was on the Silvio and a car overtook really close and a woman leant out really far and screeched really loudly right in my earhole. Shook me badly, but the bike did not wobble, did not swerve, not one bit. Solid as a rock. So I know I am.

Yes quite a few people do lean out and take photos. So far never the driver .

You know you are a cruzbiker when you ride your cruzbike everywhere because it looks the goods.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
This tribe is awesome. You know you are a CruzBiker when you get this kind of help from other members of the tribe
Sheared rear shock attachment piece - broken piece posted on the forum results in several suggestions of where a discontinued piece may be found, how one could be made from scratch including diagrams, replacement part sent from other member of the tribe, all within a four days!

jond

Zen MBB Master
This tribe is awesome. You know you are a CruzBiker when you get this kind of help from other members of the tribe
Sheared rear shock attachment piece - broken piece posted on the forum results in several suggestions of where a discontinued piece may be found, how one could be made from scratch including diagrams, replacement part sent from other member of the tribe, all within a four days!

Yes the people match the company. Helpful great generous smart

Don1

Guru
....you get to talk about cruzbikes to strangers when youd be completely ignored otherwise if you where on your carbon superspec df.

.... you think you're riding ferrari when people wave stare n yell cool bike...

You know you are a Cruzbiker when you are constantly thinking of ways to make your bike more aero and or lighter, even though your only ride is one commute a week (there and back). (I still need to seal the bottom triangles and I have my own idea for a moosepack).

You know you are a Cruzbiker when you are constantly on the lookout for new gear you can't afford.

and yes I have had my fair share of mobile phones out of moving cars taking pictures. I also frequently get asked about my crazy bike at work.