You Know You Are a Cruzbiker When...

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You ride home from a garage sale with $100 worth of Tupperware attached to your Cruzbike in comfort and hardly notice the difference of 4 full bags and a pitcher attached to the the seat and hanging out the sides.

Bill K

Guru
You ride home from a garage sale with $100 worth of Tupperware attached to your Cruzbike in comfort and hardly notice the difference of 4 full bags and a pitcher attached to the the seat and hanging out the sides.
You know you are a CruzBiker when... you want to see a picture of that!
Picture Please?

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You know you are a CruzBiker when... you want to see a picture of that!
As Requested:
TupperwareBike1.jpg TupperwareBike2.jpg TupperwareBike3.jpg TupperwareBike4.jpg
I bring to your attention several other things:
- I have fenders - two rear fenders keeps grime off drivetrain too. The rear fender has half-moon covers on each side made out of 4mm coroplast election signs (siliconed to fender and zip tied to fender stay. The rear fender was a cheap one that was not strong enough to put up with the regular bike bag that hangs on the seat pushing down on it occasionally - it would flex and touch the tire. The half-moon stiffened the rear fender. It looks as though it needs a re-glue. It was modelled after the one on my wife's Dutch bike rear wheel (skirt/pant guard?). It may help with aerodynamics but I really would not be able to tell as there was no testing. Today it meant that I could just simply tie on all the bags and go because they keep anything from getting in the rear wheel spokes. Highly convenient.

- I re-tied all the bags on for the purposes of the picture because they were already off and in the house.

- My usual bag is a several year old Mountain Equipment Coop handlebar bag which hangs on the back of the seat by the map sleeve. Perfect fit. I take it every time I go out because it is so easy. It also has many attachment points that have been used to enable the bag to hold more than double it's designed volume.

- I am in civvies for this posed picture though I usually wear Mavic mountain bike shoes, jersey, and always wear my helmet when riding.

- no Tupperware was harmed in the 7km ride home nor during this photo shoot.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You search for used Cruzbikes and when you find this reference to a stolen and recovered S30 you celebrate (because no Cruzbiker is an island entire of him/herself . If you get the allusion - good on you - you must be a part of the continent, piece of the main.)

https://bikeindex.org/news/bike-indexs-october-2018-bike-recoveries

035.JPG

"The fellow who bought it from the original thief found it on Bike Index, and he got in touch! It's missing a few components, but otherwise in one piece. "

2017 Cruzbike Silvio S30 recumbent - recovered: October 26, 2018

NeaL

Guru
You know you are a Cruzbiker when...

People stop to ask about your bike, which happens to be the "Cruzbike" brand. And your son also is riding a similar bike. And you have three more Cruzbikes at home in the garage, but I digress.

We were in a park this evening. I was sitting relaxed on my S40. A guy stopped to ask me questions. Two of my kids were also riding around on their unicycles. A third kid was off riding his T50.
The guy was reluctant to try the Cruzbikes at first but he was interesting in trying one of the unicycles.
After several tries at that, I guess he figured that trying a Cruzbike couldn't be that much more difficult so he finally tried my son's T50.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
First you have to learn to ride a Cruzbike. It is then that you realise that the headrest is too high or too low or not. Your arms are too straight or too bent. Maybe twiddle the bars round. Maybe not. The BB is too far in. Too far out. Then you get short cranks and the BB game starts again. Then the seat is too flat so you get a foam wedge and the handlebars are wrong again. Where do you put the water? Etc, etc.

I got a Silvio and never tried a Vendetta, but I think they are similar enough for the above stuff to apply. All the palaver pays off eventually. It has been a long time since I did any adjusting. These days it feels almost like something I am wearing rather than sitting on. I never got this feeling from my Grasshopper. When you get this feeling you know you are a Cruzbiker.
This belongs in this thread too...

NeaL

Guru
You know you’re a Cruzbiker when...

Pulling up to a drive-thru window you look in your rearview mirror at the [T50, Q45, S40, V20, etc.] on your tow-hitch bike rack, see the customer in the vehicle behind you, and realize you can make an even more lasting, positive impression by paying for the order behind you.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You know you are a Cruzbiker when....

-You revive this thread.

-You catch globs of snow in your mouth on your bike ride home by seeing them many meters up drifting down and you ride under them and snatch them with your tongue like flipping candy to each other when you were younger.

-You cut the edge of the sidewalk too tight but don’t flinch - you slide your hand up so that the bars scrape at the end instead of your hands against the concrete street light pole and keep riding.

-You fall over while avoiding a pedestrian and realize that you can’t remember how long ago the last time you fell off your bike was.

-you are more likely to fall off your diamond frame mountain bike than your Cruzbike. (Although it is possible that this may have something to do with riding the studded snow tire mountain bike in serious winter conditions= snow, ice, cold, frost, etc. )

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
You know you are a Cruzbiker when you give a thumbs up to DF riders you just pass while thinking "You could tuck in behind me and we could be enjoy the benefits of a faster paceline if only you were on a CB and wouldn't rely on me dragging you through the whole ride"

and then just continue on along as you watch them get smaller and smaller in the mirror.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Would have loved to hear the story that you could have told only if... :D

In a way I feel bad for them for not getting over whatever reason they have to at least try a recumbent.

jond

Zen MBB Master
You know you are a Cruzbiker when....

-You revive this thread.

-You catch globs of snow in your mouth on your bike ride home by seeing them many meters up drifting down and you ride under them and snatch them with your tongue like flipping candy to each other when you were younger.

-You cut the edge of the sidewalk too tight but don’t flinch - you slide your hand up so that the bars scrape at the end instead of your hands against the concrete street light pole and keep riding.

-You fall over while avoiding a pedestrian and realize that you can’t remember how long ago the last time you fell off your bike was.

-you are more likely to fall off your diamond frame mountain bike than your Cruzbike. (Although it is possible that this may have something to do with riding the studded snow tire mountain bike in serious winter conditions= snow, ice, cold, frost, etc. )

hilarious. Catching snow.