Zwift - Cruzbike Activities (races and group rides)

Nice find! Coach Jordan has really put the pressure on Team Moose with this article. An update: Saturday we checked off the first qualifier (200K) without any issues. Well, there was one issue. It seems that one of the team members, not to be named, but the one who didn't like or bring the prototype stylish construction jersey. They ended up running to walmart in the late of night prior to the start in order to buy a real construction high viz jersey. This was needed to prevent a DQ if a night finish were to happen. LOL, Oh the irony!

Congrats finishing the 200km already! The first one is the hardest? ;)

That is amusing that you had to go buy a worse looking vest, just in case. Hopefully you two smoked it through the 20)km and the vest was not needed. Now you just need to design a jersey that Connie will wear.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yeah after the hard effort over the hilly route climb(my best time by 8 seconds) I was having a hell of a time getting my HR down to 160 where I would have liked it going into the sprint. My lungs felt burnt the whole second half and then I underestimated the power of the guys who went early on the sprint. Every event is a learning experience and today we learned do race 25 mins after waking up and when the first guys hits the orange numbers you better go.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
It would be great to see Team Cruzbike show up at some races as a unified support group and stir up a conversation on the race boards. Even though I've failed over the last two years trying to get something like this started and I can't get it done, I believe its still possible. The shining example is a newly formed Group named Dads Inside Riding Trainers (DIRT) formed almost over night. They have put the whole Team, structure, discord, forum, etc together in under two months and are already nearing one thousand members. Come on guys put word "Cruz" back in our name. It's been Snoozebikers long enough!

Fixed

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
can I finally complete the four horseman route today? That last climb up the alps has ended me early on every attempt even with a 39-28 gear ratio to lean on.

I have been riding the group Tour / Fondo rides recently. Though, I have been right at my FTP for these rides, so not slacking off.

I need to get back into a few races with the D riders. Last time out, right after a month break, I helped with pacing for about 2/3 of the ride then fell apart. I think I would do a bit better now.

I am sad, due to work I missed stage 5. Looks like that might be my makeup day. Stage 6 I am *not* looking forward to, it I’ll likely ride it over the weekend anyways.

@trplay , when are you riding stage 6? It is always nice to have someone to share the pain with. Just like that Keith Hill climb on stage ... 2?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yes, I plan on stage 6, but we are going out of town and wont be back until sometime Saturday . Its hard to shake Connie loose from the grand kids. So it will be sometime around sat evening. If the times work maybe we can get Jason to add 150 pounds to his weight and race us up. How about it Jason? Get us all on Discord and add a few hecklers and it will be a blast. Anybody else interested?

remind me the morning of but it'll have to be maybe 100 lbs because i'll already have 70 super hard miles in that day.

Editing my post after checking

On Sat, the rides are either 1800ET (6PM ET) or 2000ET (8PM ET). They set these up for two days each; one day on the odd hours and one on the even hours.

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Those who didn't join us tonight for the group ride up the mountain missed out on one hell of a ride. We learned @trplay is faster up a mountain then me under certain heavy circumstances. Honestly it was a really close race with both of us exchanging positions several times during the long climb but with about 2 miles to go I finally cracked and accepted my defeat. We also had Ken who started late from behind blow passed all of us to finish well ahead but was kind enough to hang out at the top and cheer us on. Josh was also there bringing up the rear with the most positive attitude of all of us and we all joined up at the top to compare descent speeds going back down. Being the Fatty that I am I took a resounding victory in the DH by a sizable margin. Till the next time we all get together and have some type 2 fun.