What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thanks for your patience
http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/rojoracing-minimalist-dual-water-bottle-super-flash-mount.10980/

FE349990-AB19-4A06-B8E1-B750670FE9C2_zpsdlndzlvd.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I do love keeping the audience in suspense. Before any cool idea can become a cool product it must first be stetched out grasp the physics of the design. Next project starts here and only Larry has any chance of guessing what this is.
43F2C8FE-9708-4DED-BA20-574D039AC9C6_zpsdz5n8nkv.jpg

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Nice work! Now, how about designing an adjustable "doo-dad" delrin piece in which you could cut the OEM headrest and put the four pieces back into the "doo dad" where the headrest becomes adjustable (reclines)? Just curious.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Nice work! Now, how about designing an adjustable "doo-dad" delrin piece in which you could cut the OEM headrest and put the four pieces back into the "doo dad" where the headrest becomes adjustable (reclines)? Just curious.

If I was sticking with the stock headrest I would consider doing that but I'm heading in a different direction right now.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
IF that's a clamp for a waste disposal hose I'll have to mark this thread NSFW :eek:

You really need to get your mind out of what ever dark and disturbing corner it's currently in. The above stretch is related to the boom stabilizer I made last year. I'm hoping with this item and a small mod to the frame from the factory we can offer the boom stabilizer as a option for new and existing owners.
9017A6C1-27B8-4879-89EB-F9855A1FE9C3_zps5pn2nwim.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Installed new adjustable boom stabilizer upper spring mount. Now I can move the cockpit length around and apply any amount of spring preload I want. Now all it needs is a coat of black paint. If your frame came from the factory with the lower stud mount already installed would you purchase an accessory like this that allowed you to easily push the bike around via the headrest without worry of the boom swinging around and slaming your brake into the frame? It makes moving the vendetta around by the headrest as easy as moving a DF bike via the seat.
2E53F456-CD57-4F8D-87B7-AFB51D55854D_zps09a5dqsg.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Great job Jason!
Of course, now you need to powder coat the spring to "Vendetta Red" - or anodized black to match the top tube!

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
"If your frame came from the factory with the lower stud mount already installed would you purchase an accessory like this that allowed you to easily push the bike around via the headrest without worry of the boom swinging around and slamming your brake into the frame? It makes moving the Vendetta around by the headrest as easy as moving a DF bike via the seat."
~ RojoRacing

No, I wouldn't.
Why? I'm used to the bare-bones V., just the way it is. Part of the personality of the bike you know.
This means that normal people -everybody else- probably would.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
If your frame came from the factory with the lower stud mount already installed would you purchase an accessory like this that allowed you to easily push the bike around via the headrest without worry of the boom swinging around and slaming your brake into the frame?
If I would be situated in US, than yes. But I am from Europe so shipping price and taxes are deal braker. It would be nice to have this acessory included with frameset, You just decide to install or not to install.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
"If your frame came from the factory with the lower stud mount already installed would you purchase an accessory like this that allowed you to easily push the bike around via the headrest without worry of the boom swinging around and slamming your brake into the frame? It makes moving the Vendetta around by the headrest as easy as moving a DF bike via the seat."
~ RojoRacing

No, I wouldn't.
I'm with Steve. It's just not an issue for me. Besides at some point my GPS will be mounted there.

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Road her 90 miles and climbed 6000' after work and into the night. Got a flat front tire 6 miles from the end and if changing a front flat on the Vendetta wasn't hard enough normally you should give it a shot in the dark with your only light sorce permanently affixed to the boom. Riding any recumbent as dusk really sucks if your area has Gnats. On my DF bike I can just lower my head into a more aero position and plow through clouds of tiny bugs. On the V I have to keep my mouth closed and only breath through my nose which really kills my VO2 intake, and even then they got into my nose. The little bastards bounce off my cheeks and past my sunglasses ending up in my eyes anyways. The little buggers made that one hour of twilight miserable but once it got dark enough to see the stars the bugs had vanished. Oh and did I mention the stars? One thing that's not mentioned enough is ride a recumbent at night grants you an epic view of the night sky and all its wonders.

Good night from the west coast

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
On the V I have to keep my mouth closed and only breath through my nose which really kills my VO2 intake, and even then they got into my nose. The little bastards bounce off my cheeks and past my sunglasses ending up in my eyes anyways. The little buggers made that one hour of twilight miserable but once it got dark enough to see the stars the bugs had vanished.

Cowboy style bandanas works surprisingly well for that.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Cowboy style bandanas works surprisingly well for that.
I was kind of thinking of some kind of thin cheese cloth because it would be easier to breath through but yeah a bandana would also work. Now where did I put my swimming goggles:rolleyes:

Last edited:

SamP

Guru
Finally did some basic maintenance so I can confidently ride my CruzBike Conversion Kit bike.

Thorough cleaning, especially the drivetrain, then lubrication. I guess I'll try wax lube some other time.
Replaced all brake pads; the old pads looked like wedges.
Shortened cabling so much neater, then adjustments.

Oh forgot one thing: I lost the little rubber pad that goes between the frame and the seat pan bracket. I've been on the lookout for something to replace it, ended up cutting a bit off a yoga mat.

Last edited: