What did you do to your Cruzbike today?

mzweili

Guru
First ride outside (not in the basement). There is still plenty of gravel on the roads, also many potholes. But the wheater was fine and not much traffic this sunday afternoon. My new set-up looks promissing: new Thor seat, Ventisit cushon, Adem headrest and shorter cranks (150mm). I believe there is a nice biking season ahead.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
First ride outside (not in the basement). There is still plenty of gravel on the roads, also many potholes. But the wheater was fine and not much traffic this sunday afternoon. My new set-up looks promissing: new Thor seat, Ventisit cushon, Adem headrest and shorter cranks (150mm). I believe there is a nice biking season ahead.
Nice to see you finally got out. Let's see some pics of your new setup?

Robert O

Got out yesterday for my first century of the year. 101.7 miles, 4000 feet of climbing, and by afternoon the temperature was 79 degrees. In Western Washington. In mid-April! Learned that I still need to dial in a couple of fit things, but a great ride!

1happyreader

zen/child method
Ratz,
Does your new home have less restrictive HOA ( home owner association ) rules about cars outside or gasp!! parked on the street ??

later,,,, bye

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
New house was spec'd for serveral things; No HOA, Dead end street for Cruz Class, and 3rd garage for Bikes and room for a garage heater expansion.

In other news PluckyBlond was out for the maiden voyage, engine was complaining about training fatigue; so she just goes out and knocks out a Strava QOM All time woman's record besting 44 others (mostly mixed pack riders) while she was "fiddling" with the E-Tap gears because they are cool.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
To make my bike faster I installed red bar tape.
2016-04-18 21.49.37.jpg
This Thuersday and Friday I will be riding from Czech borders to the biggest recumbent exhibition in the world Spezi. It is 400 km. I will be riding alone without support so I need some storage solution. I have bought two 3 litre dry bags and installed it using velcro under seat. First test was positive It will work.
2016-04-18 21.48.09.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This Thuersday and Friday I will be riding from Czech borders to the biggest recumbent exhibition in the world Spezi. It is 400 km. I will be riding alone without support so I need some storage solution.
Have a great time and be safe! Take some good pic and videos to share!

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Have a great time and be safe! Take some good pic and videos to share!
Thank You. I will remember your wish and take some photos. I hope that weather forecast is not true It says that it will be 2° C or 36 F in the morning.

Bill K

Guru
2000 miles.
As of todays ride, my Strava odometer for the V20 says 2027.2 miles. I guess I can't call it "new" any more.
I know there are a few people around here that have done 2000 miles in less that a week. Truly impressive. It took me four months.

Here was ride #1 on December 5th.
You have all been there, and done that. The Rats learn to ride instructions just work if you do this. Period.
Ride 1.jpg

Fast forward to todays commute to work. This picture is from UW campus with Mount Rainier in the distance.
UW.jpg

This bridge is proof that the Rats training works. This is a sharp 120 degree turn from the waterfront onto the narrow footbridge. And it is uphill.
In over a year of riding my Bacchetta, I could never "Stick" this turn. I usually avoided it (the Bacchetta is a great bike, so I'm sure it is the riders fault).
On the V20, I can hold my lane, clipped in, and feel good doing it (although I sit strait up to improve balance and visibility).
Bridge.jpg

This is the really fun part: Sammamish river trail. That's the Red Hook brewery off to the right, in case you are short on carbs.
This is a popular Strava segment. I'm in 311th place out of 5127 riders (or, 9th place out of 320 in my age group 55 to 64).
My Bacchetta still holds my PB on this segment, but the V will be taking it away from the B any day now.
The KOM leader did this segment in 17 minutes on 288 watts. Hmm, If I strip the V of its commuter baggage, pump the tires, maybe I have a chance...
RedHook.jpg

Bill