What I did to prepare for Sebring 2017 ---today

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
21 fl oz perhaps or the defacto 24oz? I was going to try it on 70 oz.
I have the 21oz size - I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it on 70 oz. especially in the 6:30-11am timeframe when you are likely not to need as much fluid replacement from sweat as you might after it heats up: say after 1pm. Long before then you will be on the 11 mile loop anyway and can grab a new 21 oz bottle every 30 minutes or so.

LarryOz

I rode a quick little 30 minute workout this morning. Truuli -2. It had 2 little 3 minute intervals at FTP, and 2 x 1 min intervals at whatever you could do.
Taper must be working. I feel pretty rested and even was able to hit close to 400watts avg for 60 seconds on the last interval - and I didn't even break a sweat! :)
No more riding until Friday now - when we test out everything on a couple 11 mile loop intervals. See you all there!

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 8.18.09 AM.png

Then I spent the rest of the early morning lining all my things up on my table and checking them off my checklist. Sorry it is so blurry!
Sebring Gear.jpg
Now I need to pack everything where it belongs - pick out and pack my cloths, prepare my nutrition plan and print it out for Gayle, then load it all in the van for a Thursday departure!

Travel Update:
Ratz is already on the way - Just north of Waterloo Iowa (Test tracking him on his Quartnet - pretty cool)

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ok ladies and gentlemen it looks the race has started and it's none other than Ratz way out front in a commanding lead having logged in 158.71km in the first 92mins for an average speed of 103.9kph. You know he's comfortable even at this blistering pace because his average HR has only been 48bpm. Athough it would appear he was CruzBiking it strait out of the starting blocks I suspect he's starting to get serious as he's now cranking it up to 80bpm, maybe trying to crush the competitions hopes and dreams early on and sail to an easy victory on his illustrious Vendetta.

1A0B1406-F55F-4173-BB40-A79960EE3C91_zpsutlihn3m.png

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I've done a few more things to the bike and now happy with what I have.

A retractable id fob that can go around the camelbak pipe.

image.jpeg

I took the heart rate monitor strap to a Taylor's and removed the buckle. After 80km it was annoying me.

And I saw Larry had covered underneath the Vendetta with a panel so I have done the same.o_O

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I have just been banned for posting Ms. Daisy posts under the threat of death. Guess I'll start packing the car?

LarryOz

I have just been banned for posting Ms. Daisy posts under the threat of death. Guess I'll start packing the car?
I was wondering how that was working out for you! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It doesn't matter how smashing my wife looks (she always looks great to me!), man if I posted a picture of her somewhere - she would be chasing me around the house with a tire iron (and not one for a bicycle tire if you know what I mean!) haha
Tell Ms. Daisy she looks great - and we are all behind her.
Hardy, are you guys going to stay together and work together like Mr. and Mrs. Ratz?
Time is flying by - pretty soon we'll be riding!

LarryOz

And I saw Larry had covered underneath the Vendetta with a panel so I have done the same.o_O
Man - David - you are going to be so fast with that whole setup - have you had a chance to clock some average speeds versus wattage.

DavidCH

Man - David - you are going to be so fast with that whole setup - have you had a chance to clock some average speeds versus wattage.
Yesterday's run was the best so far. I got everything ok on the new wahoo element. That's super cool device that saves my iPhone battery.

image.jpeg
I slowed down at the end due to the many stop signs

(The power figures probably don't mean much as I use the power cal heart rate strap - you shouldn't compare power meter results like for like)

Last edited:

DavidCH

I decided to run with the s-works turbo cotton and latex. Nothing quite like it.
It beat Jason so it might work here.
:rolleyes:

LarryOz

It looks like Ratz is just south of St. Louis!
900 km down - only 1400 km to go! Go Ratz Go!

His average speed have been 92.5kph - and only 49 bpm - Hope he can hold this pace all the way to Sebring!
At one point his HR was only 26 - He must have been napping through the snow storm!
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 3.09.27 PM.png

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Looks like this Tech is going to work pretty good for tracking the bikes on race day count so far 30 cars in the ditch and now it's raining. Heart rate strap is in the luggage so I'm assuming that's going to have a dead battery by the time I get to Florida Oops. By the time I get home I will have done qty 5 x 12 hour endurance events in a row

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I rode a quick little 30 minute workout this morning. Truuli -2. It had 2 little 3 minute intervals at FTP, and 2 x 1 min intervals at whatever you could do.
Taper must be working. I feel pretty rested and even was able to hit close to 400watts avg for 60 seconds on the last interval - and I didn't even break a sweat! :)
No more riding until Friday now - when we test out everything on a couple 11 mile loop intervals. See you all there!

View attachment 4185

Then I spent the rest of the early morning lining all my things up on my table and checking them off my checklist. Sorry it is so blurry!
View attachment 4187
Now I need to pack everything where it belongs - pick out and pack my cloths, prepare my nutrition plan and print it out for Gayle, then load it all in the van for a Thursday departure!

Travel Update:
Ratz is already on the way - Just north of Waterloo Iowa (Test tracking him on his Quartnet - pretty cool)
Have you got a semi trailer to carry all that gear?
Why three helmets?
Will it depend on the temperature, or wind factor on the day? Or swapping out during the day?

LarryOz

At 7 am Ratz is just approaching Tallahassee Florida. He has been driving since about 5am yesterday on a little 90 minute nap - How's that for Ultra practice!
This leaves him about 5 hours to Sebring. I am pretty sure he is ahead of schedule which should give him plenty of time to get unpacked and settled before he as to go pick up Mrs. Ratz at Orlando airport.
Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 6.56.02 AM.png

Me - A rest day - hard to NOT ride the bike today. :)
I have to go and get the rental van, finish packing, load the van and wait for Mrs. Oz to come home from work,
Our departure time is all gauged on when she can get off.
Next stop - Sebring!

LarryOz

Have you got a semi trailer to carry all that gear?
Why three helmets?
Will it depend on the temperature, or wind factor on the day? Or swapping out during the day?
Renting a Van - I am actually going to be taking 2 maybe 3 bikes, as I have another series of races down in Fort Lauderdale the following weekend, so I will be taking my Morgiclio Arrowhead low-racer.
Helmets - If the humidity is low at Sebring, then I might ride with the Casco which is the fastest. But if there is any chance of fogging up then it is not good because you have to basically stop to dis-engage the visor which wraps around your ears. (Needs 2 hands for sure)