Bag solutions for Vendetta V20?

Winded Lowrider

I have adapted an upside down mounted saddle bag behind my seat to store my essential road training gear. It works, but I'm curious to see what others have come up with...
V20bagJPG.JPG

TalleyHo

Most structural CF seats, I think, can fit the Bacchetta Brain Box which just about perfect, imho. Inexpensive, large capacity, even aero somewhat and the esthetics aint bad either. This shot of my new and first V has the seat at about 23 degrees; still plenty of space at 20 degrees it appears.IMG_0071 (1).jpg

Winded Lowrider

That looks good. Expensive but 65 bucks isn't too bad if it works perfectly. I don't see how it mounts in the product description on the Bachetta site. My seat is a Thor ( with ribs). I also Like the moose pack from CB but I worry about brake interference. I might DIY my own frame bag/box similar to the Moose bag

GetBent

Most structural CF seats, I think, can fit the Bacchetta Brain Box which just about perfect, imho. Inexpensive, large capacity, even aero somewhat and the esthetics aint bad either. This shot of my new and first V has the seat at about 23 degrees; still plenty of space at 20 degrees it appears.View attachment 9082
Thanks!

I have been looking at that bag. Glad to see it works. Time to order.

n316rv

That looks good. Expensive but 65 bucks isn't too bad if it works perfectly. I don't see how it mounts in the product description on the Bachetta site. My seat is a Thor ( with ribs). I also Like the moose pack from CB but I worry about brake interference. I might DIY my own frame bag/box similar to the Moose bag
I have a couple of Thor seats. They are too wide for the Bacchetta bag. I also reached out to Dana at Bent Up Cycles. His bag is also not wide enough. Radical Designs Wide Solo Aroe bag is the only one I still need to research. Anybody else with a Thor seat on a V20 used this bag?

Alan

BJ686

Radical Designs Wide Solo Aroe bag is the only one I still need to research. Anybody else with a Thor seat on a V20 used this bag?

I tried this one with a Thor seat. Fit on the seat well, but unfortunately the bottom rubbed the back tire, so did not work for me.

Brad R

I tried this one with a Thor seat. Fit on the seat well, but unfortunately the bottom rubbed the back tire, so did not work for me.
I have a Radical Solo Racer wide. It fits on the Thor seat and the Performer seat. It has two pockets. One on either side of the wheel.

@TallyHo is using an M5 seat. It angles up to steep angle at the top and is quite high above the wheel and is narrower so it works well with that bag.

I really like the look of his V20 build.

Brad R

I want to know this as well.
Schlitter Bikes is now a retailer for Radical bags.

On a Freestyle with a 25 degree recline and a Performer carbon seat, the Radical Solo Aero Wide fits and stays above the rear tire. Not sure how that will compare with your Vendetta seat height above wheel and seat angle in the top 12 inches of the seat.

You might send a note to them to see if they can give you enough information to help you make a decision.

ccf

Guru
I’ve been using the Bacchetta Brain Box with a Thor seat for a couple years. Wheel clearance is very close with a 700c wheel, but works as long as you don’t overload the bag. I use a large safety pin at the top of the bag/seat to tighten it up and lift the bag a little. With a 650b rear wheel there is plenty of clearance.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
The stock Cruzbike seat is comparatively flat compared with the other ones mentioned. Thor, Bachetta, etc. carbon seats curve up towards the top which is what the brain box and similar bags are designed around. That doesn’t mean you can’t use it on a V20 with the stock seat but you might need to be creative with mounting options because you won’t be able to just throw it over the seat and ride off because it will drag on the seat.

Options:
replace seat
Mount it on headrest instead of seat
Add Aluminum bracket as someone did
Devise own more vertical mount behind seat top
Get / use an S40 for this task. The more angled seat puts the seat back higher and more vertical

By-the-way, this issue us not unique to the V20. I have a QX100 that I ride with a similar bag setup however I can only have the seat laid down so far (probably 40 degrees) before it will start to rub on the tire.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
If you compare these two images (disclaimer: neither are brand new V20 but I don't think the stock seat has changed.) The Thor seat and many others curve up at the shoulders whereas the stock Cruzbike seats only have a slight curve. If the bag is hung on the Thor seat that works, if it is hung on the stock headrest tubes that can probably be made to work, but if hung on the stock Cruzbike seat you will find the bag hangs down into the rear wheel. That is likely one of the reasons that Cruzbike has the Race Case.

img-top-rider-arne_bebff3d6-6922-4ce0-a15b-a150fbb615ee.jpg

20200404_113412_resized-jpg.9119