Center mount kick stand

Keith Kocho

Apparently I need one more question answered to order one....cradle size small, medium, large, extra large. What is the width of the tube if viewed from above? I can't tell from the picture you posted what you have the click stand mounted up against. It looks like the rim of the rear wheel? Appreciate your help here.

david_kcmo

My click stand is 33'' and works great.
I keep dropping my s40 because of the boom arm. Curious on yours: you don't need to put a velcro strip on front wheel to frame? Also, I would think the boom arm would be the place to put the clickstand. Please explain if you have a second.

vmi1056

I keep dropping my s40 because of the boom arm. Curious on yours: you don't need to put a velcro strip on front wheel to frame? Also, I would think the boom arm would be the place to put the clickstand. Please explain if you have a second.
You are correct in that you need to control the boom and the front wheel. I have found that it takes very little weight to keep the wheel from flopping inward. For example, I lock my brake, set up the click stand and keep the wheel from flopping by placing a pine cone, small stick (when on the trail), water bottle (not an empty one), my frame pump, or just about anything that will keep the wheel from moving inward, surprisingly it doesn’t take much to keep it in place. Give that a shot.

Karl42

On my last big tour through Norway on my V20 I really missed the convenience of a kickstand that would let me quickly park the bike so that I could access the luggage while on the way, for example to put clothes on or off, and to access supplies.
The two methods I most often used were leaning the bike against something, or putting it on the side. Both methods were impractical when I needed to access luggage on both sides of the bike. That could be managed by packing so that I only needed one side during the day, but it was still cumbersome in the evening when I had to access everything.
So for my next touring bike I really would love to have a kickstand. I don't care (much) about the added weight and aero penalty. On my V20 tour the inconvenience of accessing the luggage made the kickstand something I missed most (however, the ability to climb on gravel was even more missed - I might get a normal upright gravel touring bike for that).

I own the Upstand that is mentioned here in several threads, but it is very flimsy, and even with locked brakes I'm not confident about its stability. The Click-Stand might be more stable when both wheels are locked, but that still looks inconvenient and too slow for a quick stop on the road, as it has to be unfolded and setup for each use (and folded and packed away thereafter).

Click-Stand users, what do you think? Is this stand practical and fast to use?

Has anyone developed a working kickstand for a Cruzbike?

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

@Karl42 The Q45 is totally happy on gravel with the 650 wheels and 42mm tyres. With the standard gear range it is also able to do a reasonable bit of climbing (42 front 42 rear). It's not the fastest but certainly able to get you there. The standard kick-stand is VERY stable. I've parked it on various inclines no problem.

Karl42

@Karl42 The Q45 is totally happy on gravel with the 650 wheels and 42mm tyres. With the standard gear range it is also able to do a reasonable bit of climbing (42 front 42 rear). It's not the fastest but certainly able to get you there.
Thanks, I had not really looked at the Q45 much before, but it sounds like I should. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available as a frameset. I'm from Germany, and shipping an entire bike incurs a much higher import tax than just the frame.

The standard kick-stand is VERY stable. I've parked it on various inclines no problem.

Do you have to strap the front wheel to the frame to use the kick-stand on the Q45?

Last edited:

Flying Dutchman

Yes I'm in the UK and was lucky to find a nearly new Q45 for a reasonable price otherwise it would indeed have been expensive. I'm not sure why the Q45 is not sold as a frameset @Robert Holler?

I don't have to strap the front wheel, I just turn the handlebar round so that the chainring sits against the frame

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
This will keep the front on lock down while parked.