Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge 2021

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hello everyone,
Well, we finally did it - a 1/2 year long challenge! - Congrats to everyone!

Here are the FINAL (week #26) Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Stats

60 of you posted miles this week
19 of you rode over 100 miles
18 more rode over 50 miles

3 of you rode over 100 miles in one day!
Here is the list of our group that have completed the 3000 miles of the challenge: 36 in all!!
5 new members this final week, Welcome Vanessa McKnight - Gary Stegall - Jim Wesp - Matthew Fyie - Adrian Vos -
You each gauged it perfectly - Congrats~
Vanessa McKnight - week 26 - total miles now: 3,001
Gary Stegall - week 26 - total miles now: 3,003
Jay Barnhill - week 25 - total miles now: 3,004
Jim Wesp - week 26 - total miles now: 3,008
Bill Renfroe - week 23 - total miles now: 3,050
Matthew Fyie - week 26 - total miles now: 3,059
Adrian Vos - week 26 - total miles now: 3,092
Don Napper - week 25 - total miles now: 3,106
Andrew Wilson - week 25 - total miles now: 3,156
Joel Bard - week 25 - total miles now: 3,207
Rick Moore - week 23 - total miles now: 3,220
Douglas Nelson - week 24 - total miles now: 3,224
Ken Halzhausen - week 21 - total miles now: 3,279
Rod Sothers - week 20 - total miles now: 3,521
Mike Griffith - week 23 - total miles now: 3,554
Craig Mathews - week 21 - total miles now: 3,592
Jim Reeves - week 21 - total miles now: 3,604
MJ McClure - week 22 - total miles now: 3,605
Dana Thompson - week 22 - total miles now: 3,643
Ken Hardwick - week 21 - total miles now: 3,658
Joe Velenzi - week 21 - total miles now: 3,688
Marco Ruga - week 19 - total mile now: 3,823
Jill Paxson - week 21 - total miles now: 3,889
Jeff Staton - week 22 - total miles now: 3,909
Nick Hrycaj - week 20 - total miles now: 4,296
Andrew C - week 16 - total miles now: 4,435
Jonathan Daniel - week 16 - total miles now: 4,683
Tor Hovland - week 14 - total miles now: 5,198
Dominic Brownlow - week 14 - total miles now: 5,305
Paul Copeland - week 17 - total miles now: 5,330
Cliff Federspiel - week 15 - total miles now: 5,655
Andrea Matney - week 14 - total miles now: 5,861
Rose Hewig - week 11 - total miles now: 6,581
Robert Volk - week 10 - total miles now: 7,125
Mary Foley - week 6 - total miles now: 12,450
Larry Oslund - week 3 - total miles now: 16,692

Last week I had the special challenge to see who could ride the farther in 1 day - I guess most of you were too tired, as it looks like there was no one "deraged" enough to try it but me!!
- and there were only 2 other people that rode over 100 miles in a single ride: Paul Copeland and Dana Thompson - Contrats to you too!

Here is my 501+ ride if you are curious how I suffered - haha
https://www.strava.com/activities/6183305232
Yeah it was on a trainer on Zwift (and I did take breaks totalling 24 mins), but since I ride a recumbent I think in all honesty, based on my average power (and my testing on a local road) I could have gone closer to 520 in real life
One of my goals next year is to do a 24 hour record attempt under "World Ultra Cycling Association'' (WUCA) - and GWR, to be the older person to exceed 500 miles on any unfaired bike at 62

Here is the link to the final Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Results - CLICK ON week #26 tab to view this last week.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PEwKTLHm2Yn9ZeHJWFvJQ1WbQ9uAttY_xOO-e5EWucA/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks everyone for being a part of this Cruzbike Challenge - It was my honor to go through this with you - it was a nicely yearly accomplishment that we shared!

Kind Regards -
Larry Oslund
--
Special Note;
I have asked Cruzbike to get us a special price for a Jersey to commemorate this Challenge.
My idea was to take the standard Cruzbike Jersey from this year (unveiled at the annual retreat) - and change the wording on it to "Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge"
We might could even get them to put the "3000 Mile Challenge Logo" on it too
This is what the basic Jersey looks like for 2021:
Cruzbike 2021 Jersey.png
Lucia said we can even create a totally new design is someone has a different idea that they would like to through out for us all to consider
If we can get 20 commitments to purchase a Jersey, we can get a special price of close to $50 (plus shipping of course)
If only over 11, the price goes up to about $60/each
If only over 6, then the price goes up to about $70/each

Please let me know if you would like one by emailing me at larryoslund@gmail.com - then once I get a "total #", then I will know the price and can collect $ and order based on that.
Thanks again

Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Week #26.PNG

Last edited:

LarryOz

We are already up to 11 Jerseys wanted already - so we just need 9 more for the $50 price point.
Email me if you would like have one of these limited edition Cruzbike Jersery's!
Thanks, Larry

I need another jersey like I need another hole in my head. Besides, last year I received the “Champion” jersey by mistake, ended up mailing to the real winner. So as they say on Shark Tank: “and for those reasons, I’m out.”

It is a nice jersey, though.

Side note, I learned the reason my recorded miles on the Tacx trainer were lower than an equivalent effort outside is due to the gear I was in. Changing to a higher gear records higher mileage with the same work. (Could have reached 3000 miles sooner.) I prefer the smaller gears as it’s a bit quieter.

LarryOz

Jersey order update.
We have 14 interested and need 6 more commitments to reach the $50 price-point for quantity of 20.
The Jersey maker can also provide a long-sleeve version for $6 more, and the short and long sleeves wanted can be combined to reach the 20.
I will commit to both a long and short sleeve one - so now we only need 5 more.
Anymore interested?
Larry

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
Hi Larry. I sent you my interest via email a while back. Just checking in here to make sure that you have Craig Mathews on the list. If not, sign me up.

LarryOz

Hi Larry. I sent you my interest via email a while back. Just checking in here to make sure that you have Craig Mathews on the list. If not, sign me up.
Hi Craig - Yes I have you , sorry I did not reply.
Here is the list so far:

Andrew Wilson
Ben Gesch
Bill Renfroe
Craig Mathews
Don Napper (long sleeve)
Gary Stegall
Jay Barnhill
Jim Wesp
Joel Bard
Larry Oslund (long and short sleeve)
Nick Hrycaj
Rod Sothers
Rose Hewig
Scott Ritter
Tor Hovland

LarryOz

Hi All,
Last call for Crubike 3000 Mile Challenge Jerseys. We currently have 17 "on the list".
We need 3 more to reach the 20 quantity for the $50 price target.
If you are not on this list and would like one, please let me know in the next couple days.
Thanks,
Larry

p.s. Long sleeve add $6
Andrew Wilson
Ben Gesch
Bill Renfroe
Dominic Brownlow Long sleeve
Craig Mathews
Don Napper Long sleeve
Gary Stegall
Jay Barnhill
Jim Wesp
Joel Bard
Larry Oslund Long sleeve
Larry Oslund Short sleeve
Nick Hrycaj
Rod Sothers
Rose Hewig
Scott Ritter
Tor Hovland

Cruzbike 2021 Jersey.png

LarryOz

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all who replied about purchasing a 2021 Cruzbike 3000 Mile Challenge Jersey- We have 20+ orders, so the price will be $50 for short sleeve and $56 for long sleeve.plus a modest shipping fee - thanks to Maria and Lucia for working this all out and giving us an excellent Jersey price!!

Lucia was also kind enough to create a couple of Cruzbike links to "pre-purchase" and pay shipping.
Here they are:
This is for those who want to purchase a jersey
https://cruzbike.com/products/2021-cruzbike-3000-mile-challenge-jersey-pre-order

This is for those who have qualified for a t-shirt. If you rode 3000+ miles during this challenge you can order this free t-shirt regardless if you purchase a Jersey
https://cruzbike.com/products/2021-cruzbike-3000-mile-challenge-t-shirt-pre-order

NOTE: Put everything you want into one shopping cart that way you only pay a single shipping fee.
For instance if you want 1 long sleeve Jersey and the free t-shirt - visit both links and add each one to the cart before you checkout
If you want a long sleeve and a short sleeve Jersey - visit the Jersey link twice and pick your size and type and add both to the cart before check-out

There is sizing information in the Jersey link for those of you who asked

Thanks again and enjoy your Jerseys and t-shirt

Blessings and safety to all of you!
Larry Oslund

NeaL

Guru
Sorry I'm late.
I was having issues getting components and re-shodding my S40 with new wheels and... well...

Would still like a jersey. But I'm also still too big for a 2XL and am hoping a 3XL option can be added to the order form before I pre-order.

LarryOz

Sorry I'm late.
I was having issues getting components and re-shodding my S40 with new wheels and... well...

Would still like a jersey. But I'm also still too big for a 2XL and am hoping a 3XL option can be added to the order form before I pre-order.
Hi Neal, It probably can - I suggest you email Lucia@cruzbike.com directly and see if she can add it for you

LarryOz

I haven't heard back from her yet but I keep re-freshing the pre-order page, watching for the 3XL option to appear.
Hi Neal,
I have spoken to Lucia. She has added the 3XL for you - please go ahead and place your order. We still need 5 more Jerseys to get the volume discount