Cruzbike Time Trial Challenge 2020

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hey @LarryOz, where did we get to with next year's "regulations"? Are we going to allow shorter distances?

CHeers,
Dave
Hi Dave,
I have not even really "thought" too much about it at this point - Too busy with so many "other" things.
Although I cannot see why we wouldn't allow any distance "under" the "base" 20k, or 12 miles. Thing is: the shorted the course the harder it is to improved on the time. We are probably only talking a few seconds so should not really matter.
A 10 mile route would make mine much safer and cleaner too.
Larry

Rob Lloyd

Planning my winter workouts and races - any plans for a ‘winter’ TT series this year, Larry? If not, I’ll just stick with the WTRL TTT.

LarryOz

Planning my winter workouts and races - any plans for a ‘winter’ TT series this year, Larry? If not, I’ll just stick with the WTRL TTT.
I don't have any plans for anything right now. Barely recovered from the summer one! haha.

nobrakes

Do none of you guys take it easier over the winter and do some more base type work? After 5 months of full gas TT over the summer I was real glad to have a couple of weeks off. Doing lots of sweet spot now to build up endurance in the hope that some more events will be on again in 2021. I ain’t going higher than 90% of FTP till January. Last time I did threshold work over the early winter I burnt out before the main events in the summer! :)

LarryOz

I tend to ride lots of base/endurance miles, plus I do some weight lifting on my legs or "tractor pulls" on the bike. This year I am doing the weights right now since I have to go to the gym to do PT on my shoulder from the rotator cuff/bicep tendon surgery. After about 3 weeks I am seeing some pretty good base strength improvements which I think is pretty common.

Rob Lloyd

I’ve been taking it very easy the past 6 weeks or so. Just starting to go back to building strength today.

nobrakes

I see from Strava that you are doing centuries before work Larry - amazing. My body wants to hibernate right now!

LarryOz

I see from Strava that you are doing centuries before work Larry - amazing. My body wants to hibernate right now!
Yeah but they are "easy" - between 150-170 avg watts - and usually just only 4 hours and change long. I am actually working while I ride if that tells you anything. haha. riding with that big "C" pace group I can average close to 25mph at that effort!
Today I actually went "harder" - for a shorter duration. 215w for 90 min for some variation.

Bill Wightman

Do none of you guys take it easier over the winter and do some more base type work?
In Houston we do not really have a winter so no good excuses not to ride. I just found a group of racer types who ride on Tuesday nights for 31 miles at a 23+ pace which in reality means they start at 23 and slowly build up the pace until they finish at 30+ mph which is perfect for the 50ish degF temperatures around here right now. No stops. Puts you in the red zone for the last five miles which is like a short time trial. Still also ride ~60-75 miles behind a group on Saturdays. Never ride in the group, just about ten bike lengths behind.

I just found out the hard way never to re-use chain pins. It was amusing because a bike mechanic told me that was a bad idea about a week before it happened. I bent a link when one re-used pin popped out going up a bridge. Luckily I could just walk barefoot to home nearby. My chain is waxed and so clean I just hung it over my neck as I walked. I use a standard Ultegra chain (115 links) and add 11 more links and now use two "quik-links" which makes a total of 126 original links plus two quik-links.

LarryOz

Nice Medal - I have not received mine yet - Hmm - nor my shirt. Has anyone that order a shift received it yet?