Cruztrike???

Bentas

Ok here's another working tilt trike, I saw this same one on a Rapto a while back, great to see it now on a Silvio.
There is such a great demand for an after market bolt on arrangement like this, especially re bent riders who are getting older and perhaps not as confident balancing on two wheels, plus the ability to stop and start whilst clipped in, climb at slower speeds, more space for touring storage,and the list goes on.
Arnold from Rapto had a beautiful working model years ago, Cruzbike had something in the works that looked similar,now this, surely we must be getting closer to a production model that will satisfy the masses.
My hope is that this will happen before I'm too old to ride, l'm 61 , where is John Tolhurst, we need you!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Crazy... but feel compelled to mention it. Because a trike has 3 wheels you are legally entitled to 4000 watts of power.

Guess when I am 80 I will still have a smile on my face.

Danny Clarke

Here is my home-made tilting delta trike.
It is a work in progress, but it is a 406 wheel sized folding trike with 90mm SA Hub brakes.
The tilt mechanism provides differential tilting (inside wheel tilts more on the turn).

Modeled on a Cruz 45 profile.

Seems I am not allowed to post pictures or links to pictures.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The forum defaults won't let someone newly registered post.
If you bug an admin, or do some more pics, then you can post pics/links!

I am interested in seeing them!

dtseng

2018-12-20 001.jpg A simple tilting device like Daniele G's can be made by using a gear drive and a chain drive to reverse the rotation. (can also use triple gears instead of chain, or only one gear drive but the two arms are not on the same axis)
The two rear wheels should have separate braking controls. Apply light braking force on the inner wheel during turning.

Last edited:

Gromit

Guru
This is the last version of the bike: here it is a Low Racer with the new Version 2 of the tilting mechanism.
It is now more robust and it has also a rear suspension with elastomer.
There is more information on why Daniele upgraded the tilting mechanism and added suspension in the article linked below, which is on his web site.
http://gonano.eu/low-racer-tilting-trike-with-new-rear-suspension
There are a number of interesting comments about the tilting mechanism below the article too.

Danieleg

When that solar panel is not delivering power it will keep the rain off. Is there a rack between the back wheels or is that part of the frame?

- When it rains unfortunately the solar panels give some protection but very limited....
- Here it is a picture where you can appreciate how I can fit my bag in the rack between rear wheels

IMG_20180622_134250.jpg