Cruztrike???

3bs

whereabouts unknown
everyone remember that JM has created several mbb fwd trikes. some tilt some not. great work.

DanieleG's work is wonderful as it that one guys low tilter whose name escapes me.

i tried a version of daves pvc. it works, but there are some angle issues in turns and you can actually do a rubber doughnut compression fastener that will give both tilt and toe in/out in cornering.

i have spent several years on this idea, and my conclusion was that the advantages of tilt in ordinary riding are not worth the complexity and the weight and the stopped trike stability question. which of course is why i went to a no tilt but negative camber set up.

i have yet to improve on the speed comfort climbing and handling of frankentrike. i actually have a strava kom on that trike. my only kom, and i believe i can improve that time.

i need to make a cleaner version of frankentrike that allows two and three wheel operation, and maybe a larger front wheel, following some of marco's uses of bigger front wheels on the Rev's, or make the rears smaller, to make it travel better.

i have played around with several cruzbikes as the base bike. the biggest issue is cg, mostly related to ground clearance, or more specficially seat pan position. I think i have a decent solution for that issue based on some of my tests with the t50 and changing wheel size. dave and a couple other people have shown a v20 with smaller wheels has utility. within the cb universe, i believe that a v20, with a cutdown front end to a 451 spec would get you pretty close, but the recurring issue is that you cant get the right cg until you bring your body down much closer to the ground, below the axle point of a 622 (700c). you can compensate for this by widening the track, but then you add drag.

and as it turns out i seem to be busier in retirement than i was when i was working 80 hrs a week.

IndianaDave

Zen MBB Apprentice
20220107_112246.jpg Cruzers,
Some great CruzeTrike posts.
Thank you

FYI: My CruzeTRIKE experimenting has been put on hold due to the weather temperatures being below 50° F. here north of Indianapolis.
Will rekindle this summer.

For now, it's indoor trainer time.
Hope for an early Spring ...
IDView attachment 12666 View attachment 12666