Farther, Faster, Fitter, Fun - (4F - The unofficial Cruzbike training team and support group)

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
20% OFF ALL INDOOR TRAINERS OFFER ENDS TODAY AT MIDNIGHT

I was looking at something else and came across this amazing offer most of you one here could use. Go to this link https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/trainers-fenix3-boatloads.html follow his instructions and click on his provided links to get 20% any item on the Clever Training website which includes some of those $1500 indoor trainers. Yes you have to sign up for a $5 VIP membership(normally $20) but that $5 is given strait back via their points system.

I confirmed it does work and it just saved me $320 plus no tax and free shipping. Well it didn't exactly save me money because I still had to spend money to make this work.

Last edited:

AlexisBV

Pity it's not worth it for shipping a Tacx Flux to Canada. I just calculated that with tax and customs it would total more than what I'd pay for it locally (even after the 20% rebate). Plus, I read that it's better to avoid buying trainers internationally, in case you need to return it for whatever reason.. :(

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Since everyone on the thread is using some sort of indoor trainer setup I figure this is a good place to ask. I need some good ideas of how to confirm my vendettas rear wheel and frame are properly inline with the trainer. With both wheels on I used to use a string gage setup to make sure the wheels were in line with each other but that method won't with a wheel off type trainer. Being off just a few degrees can lead to all kinds of knee problems that I don't need. Once I figure out a got method I'll see about suspending the rear of the bike in some kind of sling to make the whole setup seem more fluid and lifelike.

I'm getting surgery on my left hand so I'm going to give that damn Zwift thing a shot for the 2 months I'm laid up. If you want to join me for an online ride let me know.

KneeDrachen

Since everyone on the thread is using some sort of indoor trainer setup I figure this is a good place to ask. I need some good ideas of how to confirm my vendettas rear wheel and frame are properly inline with the trainer. With both wheels on I used to use a string gage setup to make sure the wheels were in line with each other but that method won't with a wheel off type trainer. Being off just a few degrees can lead to all kinds of knee problems that I don't need. Once I figure out a got method I'll see about suspending the rear of the bike in some kind of sling to make the whole setup seem more fluid and lifelike.

I'm getting surgery on my left hand so I'm going to give that damn Zwift thing a shot for the 2 months I'm laid up. If you want to join me for an online ride let me know.
2 straight edges running from front to rear drop outs and checking for similar angles at right edges from where the contact patch would be, similar to CompuTrack for frame alignment?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
It is 12:40am I am 2.25hrs into a 2.5 HR trainer ride and we have reached the point that I have the 70s disco remixes blasting in the headphones and I am bike dancing. Yep it is clear I have a problem. You have been warned. If this keeeps up going to have to periscope our training room for the pure entertainment value.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
It is 12:40am I am 2.25hrs into a 2.5 HR trainer ride and we have reached the point that I have the 70s disco remixes blasting in the headphones and I am bike dancing. Yep it is clear I have a problem. You have been warned. If this keeeps up going to have to periscope our training room for the pure entertainment value.
Next upgrade - Live feed of training antics! love it! :)

Cruzbike Chris

Careful with those crazy disco dance moves you will blow your MAF out!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Did my zwift race just now and finished 2nd, probably could have won easily if I had been on my virtual Vendetta instead of a Zwift Carbon DF bike. The guy who won was on a non smart trainer using Z-power which is some kind of virtual power which seems so rely on the honor system a bit. Something definitely did seem weird when the 3 of us broke away from from a group of 15 then a few miles later 1st place suddenly is putting out 13w/kg and pulls a 15 second lead in about 30 secs. The other guy and me had a sprint finish that ended with a photo finish but zwift gave it to me.

I can see this keeping me plenty entertained while I recove from my surgery. I was super unimpressed with my new Tacx Neo yesterday during its maiden voyage but after a firmware update this thing is amazing. I'm still on my cool down as I type this and I just rode over some wooden planks on course and the Tacx real road feed back made it feel like I was bouncing across woden planks. The power meter on the Tacx Neo seems to be within 1-2% of my garmin vectors so that kind of cool. I guess my waxed drivtrain isn't sapping any of my power.

Who's going to join me for our just ever CruzBike Tribe 100K virtual ride?

CruzLike

Guru
...... the Tacx real road feed back made it feel like I was bouncing across wooden planks.

Who's going to join me for our first ever CruzBike Tribe 100K virtual ride?

I like my new kickr. It must has some smooth suspension. When I ride over the planks, it is so smooth, I don't even feel them. :D

The 100K V ride sounds interesting.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I like my new kickr. It must has some smooth suspension. When I ride over the planks, it is so smooth, I don't even feel them. :D

The 100K V ride sounds interesting.

I hope you're ready because you know the kind of rides I do and you can bet I'll include the biggest baddest climb.

CruzLike

Guru
One advantage that Zwift gives you is, you can't take the wrong turn. I know you will run out of water and I will chase you down at the end. Ok, maybe the first part of this sentence.

When do you go under the knife?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
One advantage that Zwift gives you is, you can't take the wrong turn. I know you will run out of water and I will chase you down at the end. Ok, maybe the first part of this sentence.

When do you go under the knife?

Tuesday
I figure a couple days on pain meds then by the weekend I'll feel good enough to start spinning. In June I had a similar operation again on a Tuesday and that following Saturday I Ran/Hiked a 9 mile trail running race with a bunch of friends. The other random people in the race were all confused seeing this guy in a sling with gozz and bandages hanging out everywhere passing them on the climbs.

AlexisBV

(...) I was super unimpressed with my new Tacx Neo yesterday during its maiden voyage but after a firmware update this thing is amazing. (...)

Care to elaborate @RojoRacing ? I'm waiting for the Tacx Flux to become available but if initial reviews are negative I might pull the trigger on a Neo. (Is this off-topic?)

AlexisBV

I actually submitted the question to Tacx, it went like this:

me said:
I remember seeing a template on the Tacx website that we could print to see if the trainer would fit the bicycle (very much like this, but for the Flux: https://wwwstatic3.tacx.com/Media/Default/Images/Products/Trainers/Neo Smart/Pasmal_130_mm EN.pdf)

My bike is a recumbent (the Cruzbike S30), and I'm very much hoping the Flux will fit!

And this was their reply:

Tacx Support said:
Dear Alex

For the Tacx Flux this does not matter
All the bikes will fit on it. The mid part is much smaller then that of a NEO.

Kind Regards

Tacx Support

HC203

Third week finished, some outdoor rides as well, flat trails to keep HR in line, but most rides done on trainer. Did my first 3 plus hour ride on the Kickr yesterday, not so bad.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The vendetta has a solid 3/4 inch of clearance everywhere on the Neo except the derailer cage gets very close to the center flywheel but doesn't touch. The frame build is robust as the reviews state and as long as your running the latest firmware it very smooth unless of course your riding over cobble stones. To update the Neo all you'll need to do is use the Tacx app on your phone to connect via bluetooth and follow the instruction. The minimum computer power requirements to run Zwift are stated in a few places but I don't recall the exact specs. I know the last 2 gens of Ipads can run the game no problem though per a video review I watched last week.

I can't comment on the Tacx Flux since I did zero research on it.