Homebuild - Super V15

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
They should be, but I don't know if the clips on your pedals are adjustable. Mine are and they are set 1 click up from the weakest position so that a light twist gets my feet out without upsetting the bike. Set yours to something similar until you get used to unclipping and then you can tighten them up as you get more used to the bike. Dammit, I wanna see it in action already hahaha.

M.J

Eventually, your hands figure out when to push and pull to counteract what your feet are doing. I went through the same thing going from a tiller bar highracer to a V20. I spent all my time leading up to the switch being as light as possible on the bars and then had to learn to be quite a bit more forceful.

Rob Lloyd

They should be, but I don't know if the clips on your pedals are adjustable. Mine are and they are set 1 click up from the weakest position so that a light twist gets my feet out without upsetting the bike. Set yours to something similar until you get used to unclipping and then you can tighten them up as you get more used to the bike. Dammit, I wanna see it in action already hahaha.
That's a good idea. Then, I guess, just ride around and practice clipping/unclipping until it gets easy.

Rob Lloyd

So, at least part of my issue was that my wheels were not properly tensioned. I borrowed the rear to put on my LWB bike and almost immediately lost a spoke. So, I re-tensioned these and now need to get back on the road. Been hammering the trainer miles on it, though.

Can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I started this project, and haven't yet put 100miles (on the road) on it.