Maria's next record attempt

Lief

Guru Schmuru
The top of Jim's page says this right now.
Not exactly a twitter but not a regular post either...not sure what it is but I am so excited for Maria and Cruzbike.

Quote: It is over...
Maria is still out on the course. Once she and the officials return, I'll have the distance she rode over 239.93 and post it as the NEW Woman's Recumbent Rider World Record. CONGRATS MARIA!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Now the top of Cyclingexperiences.com site says this.

Quote:
It is over...
Maria has a NEW Woman's Recumbent Rider World Record of 241+ miles, pending certification. CONGRATS MARIA!

WhiteSilvio

blief.z wrote: Now the top of Cyclingexperiences.com site says this.

Quote:
It is over...
Maria has a NEW Woman's Recumbent Rider World Record of 241+ miles, pending certification. CONGRATS MARIA!
Great news. I assumed Maria would go another mile or so in those last few minutes and take her over the 240 mile mark.
Do you keep refreshing the page to get the latest news? That seems to be the only way I have figured to keep up to date.
Thanks for the updates Blief.Z
Just trying to figure out what happened to Maria's yellow Silvio after the disc wheels came out. I guess she'd have to be off it for a lap, but something else must have happened to the bike.
It looks like she did the second half of the ride on Doug's bike that he built up for the BROL review. It doesn't look as efficient as Maria's machine.
John R

jalexartis

Here is the unofficial.

It is over...

lapcounteractual_thumb13.png

The event officials state Maria definitely rode over 241 miles. They have to measure by exactly how much.

Thanks for all your visits to my blog & flickr today. I have a few more pics to upload and will do so later this evening.

Jim

currystomper

That is superb!! that's up there with the distances that the good men are posting for the 12 hour in the UK.

Very consistence lap times - the sign of a well paced ride.

Well done.

Currystomp....

kidneyboy

congratulations Maria!!

it has been very exciting for a lot of us to cheer you on from a distance. thank you. you are an inspiration.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
One of Jim's (CyclingExperiences) page updates said that Maria went down in a gust of wind on lap #7 due to the wheel covers on her yellow bike and she finished the ride on Jim's (Parker) Silvio and that she may have lost about 3 min or so (you can see it in his spreadsheet)

That is all I know, glad she is okay and so happy for her record!

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
241! Simply amazing, Maria. You have set quite a high standard...congratulations!!!

I'm looking forward to the "official" results and the writeup.

Awesome, simply awesome.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I am super proud today of our little bicycle company. A company whose big vision is surely matched by the big heart of its star rider.

gannet

Does this mean there will now be a Yellow Silvio model? The World record / Maria Parker signature edition ? Surely the least you can do to honour such an achievement! ( and to give us another colour option !! ;) )

Congratualations to all involved !

(BTW, it was the reference in Gizmag to Maria's attempt that got me taking these bikes seriously - so a good marketing result too !).

Steve W

chiefdan92

John,

maybe it is time to change the picture of you on the Webpage for the Silvio, and put our new record holder's picture on there :D

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Re: Maria's successful record attempt

Congratulations!

Excellent effort, everyone.
Very inspiring!
Great reporting, as well.

(Now I must make a front wheel disc
and work on handlebar ergonomics/aerodynamics!)

Again,
Congratulations, Maria and everyone.

-Steve