MI Cruzbike retreat 2020 - August 6-9, 2020 Benton Harbor Michigan

MI Cruzbike 2020 - vote for days that DO work for you - If your name is not in post 1, PM benphyr

• July 4 (Thursday to Sunday surrounding Saturday July 4)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • July 11

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • July 18

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • July 25

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Aug 1

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Aug 8

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Aug 15

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Aug 22

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Aug 29

• Sep 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3bs

whereabouts unknown
so the last of the non local yeses is subject to border issues, which i do not think will be any different since we are ticking up in reported cases.

i think it is probably time to call it off for this year.

lets hope for better luck next year.

i guess i will have to go to work those weekdays now....

benphyr

Guru-me-not
You could just ride whichever of the awesome routes you described while filming so we can virtually retreat.

We could each pull a trailer with a sign that says MI 2020 Cruzbike Retreat - Covid style.

You could ship one of your bikes to the border nearest to each of us. We could pick it up and return home on it. The combined tour would be “YOUR 2020 3bs-bikes Retreat”ing —- or would that be when they returned to your museum er.. garage of wonders.

Shall we book a weekend now?

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Did I mention Brother is one of my favorite bands?

and currently in the group that is riding with me three guys are riding my bikes LOL

this year has been a mixed bag for sure, but, things have been worse.

the routes will still be here. I will still be here. So will the KOA. So will most of the eateries and watering holes.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Did I mention Brother is one of my favorite bands?

and currently in the group that is riding with me three guys are riding my bikes LOL

this year has been a mixed bag for sure, but, things have been worse.

the routes will still be here. I will still be here. So will the KOA. So will most of the eateries and watering holes.
Are any of the band AUSSIES, as they play the Didgeridoo well!!!

https://youtu.be/AIDdkb-QkcM

3bs

whereabouts unknown
They on the way, just don't know the delivery date LoL.

Did a morning breakfast ride. Looped up and around paw paw lake. Breakfast in Coloma.

Hopefully next year you guys can come and play

velocio

Austrian roadside steckerlfisch (fish on a stick)
They on the way, just don't know the delivery date LoL.

Did a morning breakfast ride. Looped up and around paw paw lake. Breakfast in Coloma.

Hopefully next year you guys can come and play
3bs, the MI event may be rescheduled for next year? If so I'll put that in my calendar right now.

Mathew, is the blue "brainbox" on your V20 a Radical Designs model? The seat it's on is not the stock Cruzbike seat, yes?

Thanks!

-Jack K.

is the blue "brainbox" on your V20 a Radical Designs model?
Yes, I've been using the Solo Aero Narrow for a few months. It's not as convenient as my Arkel TailRider on a rack was, but it's probably much more aerodynamic. I modified the bag by taking off the water bottle holder and sewing in double sided hook-and-pile tape instead of the mesh. It makes it hold much better to the Thor seat. You may also notice I modified tubes (that slide into the stock headrest clamp/holes) to form a support for the bag, lights, & camera.
If you're wondering about the Scosche BoomBottle, it's strapped onto aluminum bolted to the Adem Headrest.
IMG_5502.JPG IMG_5501.JPG

Coincidentally, Facebook reminded me of my fun with the Shoreline West Tour up the west coast of Michigan three years ago. I love that tour.
15642114-331F-4721-AF49-DD74316024B8_1_105_c.jpeg

3bs

whereabouts unknown
rescheduled? yes. of course. naturally i would suggest the same location, (enlightened self interest) and as for the date, that is a bit unclear. there is a very long ride several of my friends are planning that if it comes to pass i may try and go. they do not have a date yet, so i don't have a date to avoid yet. but rest assured you all could come here pretty much any weekend from may to November and there is plenty to do and see. if anyone wants to make a small scouting trip this fall, feel free.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i just thought i should put these pictures up for you guys to remind you why you all want to come next year to the Michigan ride. the v is my neighbors new bike. thanks to the v20 clearance sale.

Attachments

• 45642.jpeg
    45642.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 44
  • beach fire.jpg
    beach fire.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 40