MI Cruzbike retreat 2020 - August 6-9, 2020 Benton Harbor Michigan

MI Cruzbike 2020 - vote for days that DO work for you - If your name is not in post 1, PM benphyr

• July 4 (Thursday to Sunday surrounding Saturday July 4)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • July 11

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • July 18

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • July 25

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Aug 1

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Aug 8

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Aug 15

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Aug 22

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Aug 29

• Sep 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super slim

Zen MBB Master
unless there are some more interesting geopolitical moves, i think by august this stuff will be mostly done, except for the economic lag.
the latest ban is actually the Schengen Area, not actually Europe or EU. i was surprised the US waited that long to impose the restrictions. lots of smaller countries and a lot of corporations shut down border travel a couple weeks before. last night Governor Whitmer issued an executive order to close all public and nonpublic schools in Michigan until April 6, 2020, effective Monday. so my kids will be home starting next week. that is not as big of a whack on education as it sounds, becuase we have 5 snow days that we have not used this year and that period includes spring break.

at the university level it is more interesting. Notre Dame and univ of Michigan and most of the other universities has also sent the kids home or told them not to come back after spring break thru the end of the school year. the play offs and tournaments and championships have all been suspended or stopped. but i am still taking my girls to their spring soccer practices. i am super curious what they are going to do about the senior pga championship which is also held here this year. https://www.srpgachampionship.com/ the age demographic is not a good one for this virus.

did i remind riders that we have an incredible concentration of some of the best golf courses in this area? bring your clubs and add a day to golf!

Most of the big employers around here have also shifted the workforce to remote. this is all good to stop the bug, but it and the little oil war between the saudis and russia may well tip the american economy into a recession. way too much reliance on the Chinese supply chain. this will be very evident in the next few months both for mfg and pharma.

as far as locally, Currently the closest diagnosed c-19 is in south bend. i say diagnosed because i think that there are probably a lot of exposed people who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms that resolved that we may never know of. its kind of a two sided issue when we don't have accurate numbers on diagnosis. on the one had we think that it has not spread as far or as fast as it may have, but on the other hand fewer diagnosed cases skews the mortality rate. we saw that with H1N1. i think you really need to go thru 2-3 seasons to get enough data to quantify.

we live in interesting times.
Golf sounds good! Is 182 off the stick, for a 18 hole course a good score?????
Have you got any expensive golf sticks I could use?

velocio

Austrian roadside steckerlfisch (fish on a stick)
I'm very much planning on attending, but can't "pinky promise" to be there since it will depend slightly on things I can't control. I do very much expect to meet you folks in August. As of now a recumbent (B-brand) pal is also planing to come, then we'll head out for a self-contained tour further north up the coast.

Golf? Meh ... I gave up on it long ago, never could get the ball through that damned windmill. But yous guys should definitely golf and I'll spend that time down by the lake, staring at the water and seagulls.

-Jack

woodguy

I’ll be there as long as the world doesn’t collapse, but I’ll be on the beach with Jack instead of chasing the little white ball around.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
i suck at golf. haven't played in a few years, but for those who do this is an excellent place to come and play.

i use the cart paths and connecting trails on the Harbor Shores course as our tadpole 10 mile roadcourse.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
i suck at golf. haven't played in a few years, but for those who do this is an excellent place to come and play.

i use the cart paths and connecting trails on the Harbor Shores course as our tadpole 10 mile roadcourse.
Playing with the go-cart: I picture you flying around the corners on two wheels.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Two wheel turns are routine. I have rolled the expedition and the gts. There are a couple of short ugly climbs and some silly downhills. It is a total blast. Not very amusing on 2 wheelers and the road crossing bumps are too much for the slr.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
I am developing the protocols for august.

So far I have 3:

1. Big spitters and snot blowers will be at the back of the peloton.
2. 20 foot spacing on routes.
3. Clorox wipes for stops.
4. Extra alcohol will be available for consumption after rides.
5. Event T-shirts will have in big letters: “ If you can read this you are too close!”

Other suggestions? Humor Invited.

jond

Zen MBB Master
I am developing the protocols for august.

So far I have 3:

1. Big spitters and snot blowers will be at the back of the peloton.
2. 20 foot spacing on routes.
3. Clorox wipes for stops.
4. Extra alcohol will be available for consumption after rides.
5. Event T-shirts will have in big letters: “ If you can read this you are too close!”

Other suggestions? Humor Invited.

Allowing an Aussie cruzbiker from south Australia to attend the retreat will result in the event footage going viral..........

in south Australia if the internet gets connected once power is restored.

a special jersey for superslim should read. “ downunda virus” and “infect me with your love”

Super slim will bring the world into balance.

he is the reason Tasmania broke off the mainland.

with his handicap of 180 strokes he is as hot right now as the golden bear himself. Don’t play golf with him lest you pay for the green damages.

over to David s.. go slim. I’m jealous of slim hopefully attending . Stay safe everyone.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Allowing an Aussie Cruzbiker from south Australia to attend the retreat will result in the event footage going viral..........

in south Australia if the internet gets connected once power is restored.

a special jersey for superslim should read. “ downunda virus” and “infect me with your love”

Super slim will bring the world into balance.

he is the reason Tasmania broke off the mainland.

with his handicap of 180 strokes he is as hot right now as the golden bear himself. Don’t play golf with him lest you pay for the green damages.

over to David s.. go slim. I’m jealous of slim hopefully attending . Stay safe everyone.
Jond,
You are being very UNTRUTHFUL , as when I turn sideways, I disappear, as I am that skinny!!!
I am that light, that my movement would not effect the world C of G,

Sth Aust has 65% solar and Wind power, + the BIG Tesla battery, that saves ALL of the Australia power network, when 3 or 4 AGL COAL fired generators drop their bundle at the same time!!!!!

The jersey sounds good!!!

It's my cycling prowess on my 60 kg FULLY loaded Trike in 2009, that had Tasmanian in absolute awe, so they moved further away from Australia, so I would not embarrass the again!!!!!

The 180 strokes for 18 holes was on the Kimba golf course with black sand scrapes, and grass only in the areas where the ball SHOULD land!
I think I went well, as I was 22 on the first hole, after loosing 3 balls due to slicing!!!!!!

3bs

whereabouts unknown
several Scottish courses around here with beachgrass rough. they have to cut them back to keep rounds under 4 hours. i can pitch and putt, so i used to be called upon to do scrambles where the only driving i did was the Cart, and that gives me a chance add Tennessee brown water into my hydration plan while (or should i say "whilst" with you guys) the other three drive the ball.

depending on how many people come the event, and what weather we have, i may be able to scare up a boat so we can do a sunset cruise.

oh and as for power, i live between two nuke plants, and we will be riding by one, but we have some big wind farms and coal burners too if you fancy power plants.

is @super slim the reason that taz , kiwi, and new guinea broke off of the big island? Michigan is already split in half with two peninsulas. i really can't afford that level of seismic risk....

super slim

Zen MBB Master
several Scottish courses around here with beachgrass rough. they have to cut them back to keep rounds under 4 hours. i can pitch and putt, so i used to be called upon to do scrambles where the only driving i did was the Cart, and that gives me a chance add Tennessee brown water into my hydration plan while (or should i say "whilst" with you guys) the other three drive the ball.

depending on how many people come the event, and what weather we have, i may be able to scare up a boat so we can do a sunset cruise.

oh and as for power, i live between two nuke plants, and we will be riding by one, but we have some big wind farms and coal burners too if you fancy power plants.

is @super slim the reason that taz , kiwi, and new guinea broke off of the big island? Michigan is already split in half with two peninsulas. i really can't afford that level of seismic risk....
NO as they split 58 million years ago, and I am only 58 year old!!!!

3bs

whereabouts unknown
The governor has declared a shelter in place order, but has called it something more benign. the county has declared an emergency. i think our date is still good.

i have changed from my normal work shirt to this one during the current lockdown.

Attachments

• new uniform.jpg
    new uniform.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36