New Adjustable Carbon Fiber Seat and Headrest for the Cruzbike V and S series

Al_D

How did they sell out? I thought they were being released on the 14th???
BTW... I want one... :-(

Henri

scatter brain
Probably just says "sold out" because they put it live in the system but with zero stock for now. Not actually meaning "we had some in the past and already sold it".

Yeah, I'm interested in the seat, but first I'll look how good the original one fits me and if I really need to import that part, too. It's neither economically, not ecologically a great idea, to buy a frame set / bike complete with seat and then buy abother seat (just like it already was with the head rests, but worse). But of course making it default would increase the price for everyone and giving the choicenwhen ordering would add complexity for logistics, making it more expensive, too. :confused:

jond

Zen MBB Master
its Great that an option exists that fits the frame and is infinitely adjustable. I’m lucky the original seat is good for me.
but comfort is king. Despite the loss of aero the new seat will go a long way to addressing some peoples fit issues.
the hp velotechnic hardshell seat is the most comfortable seat I’ve reposed in. The Cruzbike new seat is a step up in efficiency as it is much lighter and follows the frame for support.
the price is what it is. Competitive.

Henri

scatter brain
I just remembered, they have a "Foam Wedge Backrest Insert" for the S40, that I would have thought did basically the same thing for a much lower price. I wonder if nobody really liked this or what. I was planning to ask, if this couldn't be used for the V20 as well.
Would have probably still been cheaper to make one size for actually getting more upright and one size to just cradle the shoulders and lift the head.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I wonder if I could buy the v20c frameset without the seat for €500 less? Then just use the carbon seat from the V20. It looks as though it's the right shape.

Henri

scatter brain
Is that old frame broken or has another seat? If the old ine is fine, of course sell it with the seat! (And yeah, without looking I would assume seat of old V20 and stock seat of new V20c to be same or at least identically mounted. New adjustable seat fits both as well.)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
The V
I wonder if I could buy the v20c frameset without the seat for €500 less? Then just use the carbon seat from the V20. It looks as though it's the right shape.
The V20C does not come with the adjustable seat - it comes with the original basic V20 seat we all know and love.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_101852148.jpg
    IMG_20220609_101852148.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 139

Al_D

Props to Cruzbike for always trying to improve on a good thing... the new adjustable cf seat
is a good example of that.
I just watched Robert's video for installing this new seat, and my question is...
What was the specific issue with the traditional seat?
Were there a load of requests/complaints/issues with the stock V20 seat?
The Thor seat seems to have become a go-to alternative...

Props to Cruzbike for always trying to improve on a good thing... the new adjustable cf seat
is a good example of that.
I just watched Robert's video for installing this new seat, and my question is...
What was the specific issue with the traditional seat?
Were there a load of requests/complaints/issues with the stock V20 seat?
The Thor seat seems to have become a go-to alternative...
Some of us enjoy having the head and shoulders raised and also like the additional support of a wider seat.. The foam wedge was inspired by some users' attempts to improve their riding experience.

That said, if I wanted more aerodynamics for a race, I'd put back on the standard seat. It served me well for my first couple years on the V20.

Henri

scatter brain
@Mathew Fy
I like the ergonomic grips, but why the bar ends? Where they just on and did not get in the way or do your hands rest on them, when you grip the handlebar?

Bruce B

Cruzbike:
Will it be possible to use the "Moose Pack V20 Frame Pack" with this new adjustable carbon fiber seat?
Thanks

@Mathew Fy
I like the ergonomic grips, but why the bar ends? Where they just on and did not get in the way or do your hands rest on them, when you grip the handlebar?
I sometimes use them as an extra way to hang on the bar, but I think I’ll be taking them off. They catch wind and get in the way of loading on my bike rack.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Cruzbike:
Will it be possible to use the "Moose Pack V20 Frame Pack" with this new adjustable carbon fiber seat?
Thanks
It appears as though it should fit the same. The moose pack sits in that frame gap which hasn’t changed. The seats both are shaped to the frame and rest against the frame.

Bruce B

"It appears as though it should fit the same."
You are correct! When I had installed the Moose Pack I had removed Velcro attached to the frame where the straps are positioned. The Velcro and the straps are thus a single level which the seat rests upon.
Thanks

Al_D

I hope to find out soon... just ordered one for my S40.
Planning on doing a comparison to the stock seat, and the Thor Easy GS seat that I have on hand.
That should take me all summer... :cool:

BJ686

Got my seat today. Looks great. The seat by itself (no hardware, etc) weighed in at 808g. I thought that weight was pretty good, especially since by design parts of the seat overlap with each other for the sake of the adjustability---ie, more surface area than a typical seat. Really like the adjustability feature.

The seat came with 3 cm comfort ventisit pad. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the standard 2 cm width better, but no big deal. Probably won't bother to put this seat on my existing V20, as I am awaiting a new one in September.

Al_D

Regarding the enclosed Ventisit Pad...
It is "one size fits all"...
After setting up my new adjustable cf seat... I went to install the pad and found it to be
3 inches too short for a full fit for me. I am only 5'10" tall. Although it did make me feel taller :cool:...
I will probably order a longer ventisit pad to cover the entire seat surface... OCD rules, no exception.
I made sure the lower end was seated properly, and I didn't notice any exposed hard surface
contact with my uppr back and the top of the seat. Still... it would have been nice to have a
longer pad option... IMHO.
***...and another thing...
The S40 stock seat included a lower section that fit the bottom edge of the seat.
When I first mounted the stock seat, I found it helpful to attach this extension.
I had it adjusted forward to serve as more of a supportive seat base.
The new seat does not really accomodate this lower section (as is)...
I will have to experiment with the seat more before I decide on mounting this lower section.
It will probably entail using longer bolts and an interface of some kind.
More later...
I still have not mounted the Thor Easy GS seat for comparison.
This is definitely going to take all summer...

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Regarding the enclosed Ventisit Pad...
It is "one size fits all"...
After setting up my new adjustable cf seat... I went to install the pad and found it to be
3 inches too short for a full fit for me. I am only 5'10" tall. Although it did make me feel taller :cool:...
I will probably order a longer ventisit pad to cover the entire seat surface... OCD rules, no exception.
I made sure the lower end was seated properly, and I didn't notice any exposed hard surface
contact with my uppr back and the top of the seat. Still... it would have been nice to have a
longer pad option... IMHO.
***...and another thing...
The S40 stock seat included a lower section that fit the bottom edge of the seat.
When I first mounted the stock seat, I found it helpful to attach this extension.
I had it adjusted forward to serve as more of a supportive seat base.
The new seat does not really accomodate this lower section (as is)...
I will have to experiment with the seat more before I decide on mounting this lower section.
It will probably entail using longer bolts and an interface of some kind.
More later...
I still have not mounted the Thor Easy GS seat for comparison.
This is definitely going to take all summer...
I was thinking about the same issue the other day that how do they have the same pad fitting various length of adjusted seat? It will likely be either too short or too long. I guess my theory was right. :)