New build: S40 2020

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Well I bought the sram eagle 10-52 cassette group set for my new s40. I took it all to my bike shop since I was missing some of my tools. The head mechanic wasn’t able to install the 10-52 cassette stating the 10 was too small and not compatible. I ended up with a dram eagle gx 11-50. Hoping this will work out for my hills. I admit to some confusion on the 10-52 not fitting. I will let you know when I have a chance to go hit some hills.
Did you change your hub to XD? 10 teeth cassette need a XD hub.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
M00se said:
Right now it is set up as a 1x11 with Sram components.
One of us has got it wrong somehow. You should be able to stick a Sram 12sp cassette in the same place as you stick a Sram 11sp one. Or I am confused. Either you or me or the twit at the LBS is. Possibly all of us.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
One of us has got it wrong somehow. You should be able to stick a Sram 12sp cassette in the same place as you stick a Sram 11sp one. Or I am confused. Either you or me or the twit at the LBS is. Possibly all of us.
I think both are correct. My understanding is that you can use 12 speed Sram cassette on a regular 11 speed hub if the smallest cog is 11 teeth or more. If the smallest cog is 10 teeth such as 10/52 cassette, you will need to change the hub to XD which accommodates 10 teeth cog.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
The XD driver is for Sram's 10-42 11-speed and 10-50/52 12-speed mtn. bike cassettes. The newer XDR driver is for Sram's 12-speed road cassettes that start with a 10t small cog. Everything else, generally speaking, will most likely use the Shimano cassette body, and start with an 11t or 12t small cog. Many of the 10 and 11-speed Sram and Shimano cassettes that use the Shimano cassette body are interchangeable. My V has a Shimano Dura Ace 11-speed drivetrain, except for the chain and cassette, which are Sram Red. They work great together.

jond

Zen MBB Master
The XD driver is for Sram's 10-42 11-speed and 10-50/52 12-speed mtn. bike cassettes. The newer XDR driver is for Sram's 12-speed road cassettes that start with a 10t small cog. Everything else, generally speaking, will most likely use the Shimano cassette body, and start with an 11t or 12t small cog. Many of the 10 and 11-speed Sram and Shimano cassettes that use the Shimano cassette body are interchangeable. My V has a Shimano Dura Ace 11-speed drivetrain, except for the chain and cassette, which are Sram Red. They work great together.

the change from 10 to 11 speed resulted in a slightly wider cassette. For my ten speed free hubs eg on my powertap hubs I needed to put them on a lathe and remove material. When I go back to ten speed swapping wheel on bikes I have to first use a spacer for ten speed.

kling

I found the Soma Gator handlebars were a bit too long on the drops (hard to get on and off bike).

Changed to the supplied Cruzbike handlebars along with SRAM Red AXS brifters and AXS GX Eagle derailleur (mullet build). Ergonomic and great ride with less cables in the line of vision.3CC7EBDF-A146-46DA-80A1-8449C26D58D3.jpeg